Taxi questions

marty

I will be in town for business and staying near the convention center. How much is a cab going to cost roughly and where exactly do they drop off and pick up at? Is it the TTC or somewhere I'm not even thinking of?

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
Cabs will take you wherever you want to go, directly right to the front of the park/resort, with the exception of the Magic Kingdom. In that case, they would drop you at the TTC.

I do not know how much it would cost though. On the Mears website, they have a taxi fare calculator where you can enter your starting and ending point and it will give you an estimate of how much the fare will be.

marty

Awesome. Great information I really appreciate it. Do you know if I would have to call for a cab at the end of the night or do some of them sit there and wait for patrons?

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
Are you just planning on spending one day in the parks, or more? If more, you can probably get a car rental for about the same price as you'd pay for a taxi if you're going to the parks 3 or more days.

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
Awesome. Great information I really appreciate it. Do you know if I would have to call for a cab at the end of the night or do some of them sit there and wait for patrons?
They will be waiting at the end of the day. In fact, I have yet to walk out of a park and not see at least 4-5 taxis sitting there at any time of the day.

mdsd8700

don't ask me to spin in circles
Cabs will take you wherever you want to go, directly right to the front of the park/resort, with the exception of the Magic Kingdom. In that case, they would drop you at the TTC.
Of course it all depends on where you are going to and coming from. I don't like the TTC so we often take a cab from our hotel to the CR and then walk over to MK from there. From the Boardwalk to CR was about $20 with the tip on our last trip in November. We didn't call a cab, there were plenty sitting outside the hotel.