The easy Guide Welcomes You!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Any pertinent questions or comments about the book specifically go here. If you have specific questions about theme park touring, itinerary planning, etc. please use the appropriate forum: http://www.easywdw.com/forums

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
How many pages does it have? :RpS_razz:

Good luck with the sales. I'm looking forward to reading it.

TiggerGirl

How many pages does it have? :RpS_razz:

Good luck with the sales. I'm looking forward to reading it.
[h=2]Product Details[/h]
  • Paperback: 290 pages
  • Publisher: The Easy Guide to Your First Walt Disney World Vacation 2014 (June 7, 2014)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1941500064
  • ISBN-13: 978-1941500064
  • Product Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.7 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
  • Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item

TiggerGirl

I must say, I'm always shocked when people say they've never been to Disney before. I was questioning, to myself, why you're focusing on a first visit, thusly potentionally limiting your sales. I do suppose that at the very least there are new people born every day who will need help with their first trip! I will recommend to folks - after I get over the initial shock of them never having been.

guff

only person to nominate a josh picture for potd
I'm ordering the book and recommending it to a friend who is going in Sept. He's trusting a travel agent who doesn't seem to be on her game. There's a few times I told him "well... you might want to double check that"

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I must say, I'm always shocked when people say they've never been to Disney before. I was questioning, to myself, why you're focusing on a first visit, thusly potentionally limiting your sales.
"Marketing." I said the same thing myself but my expectation is that most people looking to buy a guidebook are visiting for the first or second time. And whether the "first visit" is in the title or not the book's contents are basically the same.

JulieC

I must say, I'm always shocked when people say they've never been to Disney before. I was questioning, to myself, why you're focusing on a first visit, thusly potentionally limiting your sales. I do suppose that at the very least there are new people born every day who will need help with their first trip! I will recommend to folks - after I get over the initial shock of them never having been.
I think it was smart to pick a niche, there are a few well known guidebooks out there. First time (or first time in a long time) visitors are probably more likely to buy a guidebook rather than repeat visitors. Well, except the second time visitors that didn't buy a guidebook the first time and learned their lesson.

Kiwigal

Yay, just ordered. Now let's see how long it takes to ship to the other side of the world!

Will you be available for autographs in September? ;-)

TiggerGirl

"Marketing." I said the same thing myself but my expectation is that most people looking to buy a guidebook are visiting for the first or second time. And whether the "first visit" is in the title or not the book's contents are basically the same.

I think there's a niche for the other end of the spectrum too - even experienced folks are eager for new bits of info. Though it would be more challenging to write for that audience so that they don't feel like they got jipped...gyped?...

My BF read a list of "Ten things you didn't know about Disney" and I knew 8 of them - and the other two were at DL and I don't know that park very well.

stevenmilz

josh's date at akershus
I think there's a niche for the other end of the spectrum too - even experienced folks are eager for new bits of info.
It's difficult for a printed book to keep up with new bits of info. That's what a blog such as Josh's is best at. First or second timers ought to love to be able to take one concise book and use it for the majority of their planning, versus having to go to the various Disney planning websites (some of which they probably aren't even aware exist).

TiggerGirl

It's difficult for a printed book to keep up with new bits of info. That's what a blog such as Josh's is best at. First or second timers ought to love to be able to take one concise book and use it for the majority of their planning, versus having to go to the various Disney planning websites (some of which they probably aren't even aware exist).
Very true!

roball

reminding you how wonderful and accommodating you
I ordered it this afternoon. It is scheduled to arrive June 12.

gccmedina

found it took a bit of search, my husband will be surprised (I bought it on his amazon account) for me to take with me when I go to Disney on Monday for a week long agent training! I also shared it on my private Facebook page, work page and Pintrest.

Marianna

Shared on FB.

I owe my sister a little thankyou gift. Picking up a copy for her. Maybe now she'll stop looking at me like I have two heads when I try to explain the new FPP gameplan. :))

TiggerGirl

I don't mean to be nosey and you obviously don't have to answer - but it says the book is published by you and Dave - does that mean you paid to do it yourself and if so would you recommend any of the printing/design companies you worked with? I want to write a book about Ferrets :)