The (FP+) World According to a CM

Janine

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i l
I called WDW today to check if the new Disney Visa discount was better than my pin code discount. I had a room only reservation and was going to purchase 6 day base tickets thru UT. A package would have been $34 more than room only w/ UT.

I asked the CM if I would be eligible for FP+ with my room only reservation and UT tickets. She said that only tickets purchased as a package would be eligible for FP+. I would only be eligible for regular FP with my 3rd party tickets, even though I was a resort guest.

I thought I'd pass that information along. The CM could have just been telling me this so I would buy tickets from Disney, or she may have misinformation, or things may change, but that's her story.

BTW, this would indicate that regular FP will still be available, even when FP+ is rolled out.

kate81

Interesting. As sad as I am not to have a trip in the near future, I'm kind of glad that I'll know what to expect in terms of FP next fall. Hopefully whatever changes are coming and there will be lots of TP reccommendations taking them into account.

So are you getting the package?

Janine

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i l
Yes, for the $34 extra dollars, I switched to a package. I'm not going until May, so POR may have RFID by then, which will be another extra.

bnoble

he's right
Remember: if you call WDTC with a yes/no question three different times, you will get three different answers. That doesn't mean that this CM is wrong, but...

MichaelColey

Remember: if you call WDTC with a yes/no question three different times, you will get three different answers. That doesn't mean that this CM is wrong, but...
My thoughts exactly. I'll never forget the myriad of "answers" I got from CMs when I was searching for grills at the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. I think I had six different explanations of why they didn't have grills, before I finally found the grill on my own.

DisneySmiles

I think it is interesting that I have read a few different theories that indicate both FP and FP+ will be available, but you might have to choose which one you want. While it would be nice to plan ahead, I don't like the idea of being limited to 4 FPs a day. However if you wait until that day, the FPs you want could be gone. If I had to pick one over the other, I'm not really sure what I would do....

Rhonda

makes josh ride in the passenger seat
I went on my Disney experience last night and carefully read the terms and conditions. Lots of interesting info. What OP said sounds exactly what the terms and conditions made it sound like. I was really trying not to stress about it but I hate the idea of only 4 (3 at HS according to test) FP in a day. In TC once you go to FP+ you can't use regular. We have a package with 2 day tickets. I wasn't going to upgrade until we arrive because I bought an AP but now I don't know if we can reserve FP+ for more than 2 days. It says you can change 5 tickets from regular to RFID so I'm guessing that would be for AP and DVC. Also looks like they are changing online check in go 60 days so as long as you "check in" you can do FP+. I highly recommend reading the terms and conditions. They are very interesting

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
My thoughts exactly. I'll never forget the myriad of "answers" I got from CMs when I was searching for grills at the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. I think I had six different explanations of why they didn't have grills, before I finally found the grill on my own.

I always recount that story whenever anyone says "but a CM TOLD me so!"

There are definitely CM's out there who are great resources and have tons of information, but most are experts on their own areas at best. Even for us Disney World fanatics, there's still many things that should be well-known that I don't know the answer to, or that I'm surprised to see the answer is actually not what I thought it was.

I think the two sources I trust least are the phone CM's and the bus drivers. The first because many of them have never even been to a Disney park, and the second group because I think they get a perverse joy in spreading crazy rumors.

Rhonda

I think it is interesting that I have read a few different theories that indicate both FP and FP+ will be available, but you might have to choose which one you want. While it would be nice to plan ahead, I don't like the idea of being limited to 4 FPs a day. However if you wait until that day, the FPs you want could be gone. If I had to pick one over the other, I'm not really sure what I would do....

I dont think that is theory if you read the terms and conditions of My Disney Experience. My concern is the same as yours- I want to ability to get more than 4 FP per day. I think the trade off will be that there are many experiences that are only FP+ such as Tales with Belle, ordering food ahead of time (wonder if BOG CS will be included with that) and other things. But Im not sure I want to give up the regular FP. I am not hoping they roll it out sooner than later so I will know exactly what to do by August!!!

eta: for grins, go read Terms and Conditions on My Disney Experience. It is quite interesting. Every paragraph begins with "when availalble" but it really is interesting.

Rhonda

I called WDW today to check if the new Disney Visa discount was better than my pin code discount. I had a room only reservation and was going to purchase 6 day base tickets thru UT. A package would have been $34 more than room only w/ UT.

I asked the CM if I would be eligible for FP+ with my room only reservation and UT tickets. She said that only tickets purchased as a package would be eligible for FP+. I would only be eligible for regular FP with my 3rd party tickets, even though I was a resort guest.

I thought I'd pass that information along. The CM could have just been telling me this so I would buy tickets from Disney, or she may have misinformation, or things may change, but that's her story.

BTW, this would indicate that regular FP will still be available, even when FP+ is rolled out.

Janine, in the Terms and Conditions it does say you can transfer up to 5 tickets to paperless, so I think your third party tickets could be changed. The big question would be if you would make your FP+ selections at 60 days since you dont have package tickets.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like they're just talking about the current run of "tests" where you would need to book a package to be eligible.

Momofpirates

I am by no means an expert, but I don't seem them leaving the current FP system exactly the way is after FP+ is up and running. Who in their right mind would choose the new version that is limited? I would think that would drive people offsite,or away from buying a package, or however they are planning to determine + eligibility.

I know it's all speculation at this point, I just wish the'd either scrap it until after my trip or hurry up and roll it out so I know how to plan!

steph123

We were there 2 weeks ago and got to use FP+ as part of the test and we didn't have a package. We had room only at Pop for one night and room only at Poly for 4 nights. They sent us 2 sets of FP+ cards in the mail (1 for each hotel) so we were able to use them on each of our MK days. Peter Pan and BTMRR were down for quite some time and when it was our time for the FP+ times, we would have to go to the kiosk and try to shuffle times around to put these rides in at other times, and there weren't very many times to choose from. People that had regular FPs were just able to use their FPs for any time the rest of the day for these rides, but we couldn't. It was a real pain!

Rhonda

We were part of the test too. All the stuff on their site that I am reading says you have to choose one or the other and once you convert a paper ticket to RFID you can no longer use regular FP. I think the system will be very different than the test. If it was like the test, I would be 100% on board. At that point they were choosing people from who were signed up for Magical Express, nothing to do with room vs package.