The Official "How to get to Point A from Point B" Thread!

jilly7896

proud to keep the transportation forum the most ci
Need to find out how to get to your ADR from your hotel? Than this is the thread for you! Post your question here and someone will be sure to help :RpS_tongue:

Important note: There is NO bus transportation from one hotel to another. You must transfer from a park or Down Town Disney.

mousehelper

will grab your arm
Is the boat between WL and CR direct? or does it stop at Fort Wilderness first?
So-- WL to CR? Or WL - Fort Wilderness - CR??

JW73

missing as of 06/03
If I remember correctly, there is a stop at Ft. Wilderness in there. It was several years ago that we stayed at WL, though, so my memory may not be as good as I'd like. We took the boat from WL to Chef Mickey's for breakfast one morning.

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
There is one launch - the resorts launch (sorry flag color escapes me right now) that runs Wilderness Lodge - Ft. Wilderness - Contemporary. I know that is the night order because we did that on our HDDR night - from WL to Hoop and back. I don't know if it switches in the morning, but there's a good chance it might.

The WL has its own direct to MK launch, and I believe that Ft. Wilderness has the same, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

mousehelper

will grab your arm
So if someone is going to Cm for dinner, they will go to Disney's Fort Wilderness first, and then to CR?

mousehelper

will grab your arm
Disney's Wilderness Lodge has to be one of the most deceptive resorts. You think... Gee, we're right by the Magic Kingdom and the monorail! It will be easy! Nope. GF and Poly could both easily take 90 minutes. CR-- an hour. Of course, if the timing gods are smiling, it could be less, but if you just missed the boat... you're stuck.

I guess you could take the bus to the TTC and then walk to the Poly and get on the monorail for the GF... right? What do you figure -- 30 minutes max poly and 45 GF? Could a newbie do it?

ME-- I'd drive or take a cab. but, I'm trying to give free options....

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
I don't think they have a bus to TTC. The bus goes to MK (and you should be able to go early due to the MK breakfast reservations). I can't think of any reason they would have a bus from WL to TTC, maybe someone else knows. You could just take the WL boat to MK and then walk to the CR, or monorail to GF or Poly or CR. But that's problematic for early breakfast because the WL to MK boat doesn't start very early - the resort launch starts much earlier (like 1-1.5 hours earlier).

Janine

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i l
CR-- an hour. Of course, if the timing gods are smiling, it could be less, but if you just missed the boat... you're stuck.
The boats from the WL only leave hourly?? Ouch! I certainly wasn't planning that into my schedule.
I guess I better find out what time on the hour they leave...

jilly7896

Here is the info from the "Unofficial" Wilderness Lodge page. It doesn't give you the order that it hits the CR and FW though...
http://www.wildernesslodgesite.com/content/transportation

•Red Flag: The Boats to the left of the dock have red flags, and go to the Magic Kingdom. The red flag boats operate from a half hour before the Magic Kingdom opens to an hour and a half after the Magic Kingdom closes.

Blue Flag Boats
•Blue Flag: The boats to the right of the dock have blue flags, and go to Fort Wilderness and the Contemporary Resort. These boats run from 6:45 AM (yep--you can make that early breakfast at the Chef Mickey's!) to 11:30pm (yep--you can probably stay for the whole sing-a-long campfire with Chip and Dale at Fort Wilderness!).

mousehelper

will grab your arm
The boats from the WL only leave hourly?? Ouch! I certainly wasn't planning that into my schedule. rvey
I guess I better find out what time on the hour they leave...
Hmm... no -- they don't leave hourly. They are about every 15 - 20 minutes. But- they are not on a schedule. It is an 'about' situation, not a timed situation.
So, if you have a 5:20 dinner at CM, you would need to get to the dock when, about 4:20? Possible 20 minute wait, and then the boat ride, and check in 10 min early? OR bus to MK and walk. Or boat to MK and walk. It's a crap shoot!
GF and Poly? Well, same thing times 2. Possible 20 minute wait for boat at WL, then possible 20 minute wait for boat or monorail to GF or Poly -- with Poly being the worse of the two. Even if you guestimate that wait as 30 minutes total, you still are looking at significant time to get to these 2 resorts from WL.

Of course-- this is true from any non monorail resort to these locations. But, WL just 'seems' like it should be easier. It's not!
So glad we had a car when we stayed there!

Brandie

Will work for Dole Whips.
Okay, I just realized that this pertains to me . . .

Here's my situation: We're staying at Ft. Wilderness and have a dinner reservation at 'Ohana at 5:30. If I'm using Disney Transportation I should give myself an hour and a half to get to Poly? I can boat to MK and then monorail or boat to Poly OR I can boat to CR and then Monorail to Poly. Either way I'm waiting for the boat first and then the monorail or another boat. Disney Transport was attractive to me on this evening because we had hoped to visit MK's EMH after dinner.

So, if we decide to drive instead, what are our options? Drive to 'Ohana. After dinner, drive back to Ft. Wilderness and boat to MK. (Kinda takes some of the magic out of our evening.)

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
If you want to drive, I would park at the TTC, walk over to the Poly, then just monorail back to TTC at the end of the night. But I wouldn't do that. I would just invest the time in getting to the Poly (does Ft. Wilderness have a bus to MK like WL does - that seems quicker, but I don't know that), then take the boat home to Ft. Wilderness @ the end of the night.

jilly7896

Ft. Wilderness does not have bus service to MK, per this website.

But, I don't really want to drive. Would you suggest the boat to CR (didn't we decide that's on the WL, Ft.W route?) or MK?
I believe thats true. When we stayed in the cabin we had to take the internal bus to the dock and take a boat.

LoveTheMagic

BoardWalk Inn to Ohana dinner?

Sorry if I am stealing the wrong thread here. Not sure if I should be replying or starting a new thread. We will be at HS during the day, breaking at our resort (BWI) and then off to Ohana for dinner. What is the easiest way to get to Ohana? Walk into Epcot and take Monorail? - Is this possible to POly, or do we have to transfer monorails? Or, take bus from BWI to MK and then monorail to Poly? We will have 6 people, so could do a cab but I am guessing that we would have to request/wait for a van for that number of people. I am looking for easiest way. Thanks so much!!!

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
I would take the BWI bus to MK, then the monorail to 'Ohana.
Choice #2 - walk to DHS, and take the Poly bus.

Walking into Epcot to the monorail is the longest way to go (plus you need a park hopper for that in case you don't have one).

(And yes this is the right thread!)

LoveTheMagic

Thanks Vicki. We will have PHs, but I wasn't sure how the monorail to Poly would work. We didn't go to Epcot last trip and I haven't been there in decades(literally) so this all seems foreign to me. I know it will become more obvious once we are there. The obsessive planner in me wants to have it all mapped out though! So, thank you. I will probably be posting more BWI-transportation questions before August. I think we will just give ourselves enough time to take bus to MK and monorail to Ohana as you suggested - THANKS!
Allison

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
I had a new thought too - you can also take the small boat launch to the Poly from MK. You will actually pass the boat dock at MK before you get to the monorail ramp when coming from the bus stop. So if you happened to see a boat arriving or sitting there, that would also work -that's a nice way to come into the Poly. And then you just walk up to the Grand Ceremonial House from the boat dock. So either monorail or boat.

Brandie

Will work for Dole Whips.
I think my choices for getting from Ft. Wilderness to WL are to boat or drive our own car. What about walking? I know there is a trail between the two. Anyone have an idea how long that walk would be? I wonder if the golf carts can go on that trail.

Went to Our Laughing Place's transportation wizard. It says we can bus directly between the two. Is that true? (Someone said that site had proven to be wrong in the past.)