The Official "How to get to Point A from Point B" Thread!

jmanz

Any suggestions for the best way to get from AKL to Fantasia Fairways? I'm thinking Lyft, unless someone knows a better way. We don't have a car.

Livie

Hope I am doing posting this question correctly: With the security checkpoints' locations is this possible: bus from POFQ to MK then walk to Contemporary for Chef Mickey 9:05 ADR and then security checkpoint to ride monorail loop back to MK? Is there a better sequence? We will have a car for 6 (not ECV); we also will be using an ECV, a double and a single stroller, party of 7.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Hope I am doing posting this question correctly: With the security checkpoints' locations is this possible: bus from POFQ to MK then walk to Contemporary for Chef Mickey 9:05 ADR and then security checkpoint to ride monorail loop back to MK? Is there a better sequence? We will have a car for 6 (not ECV); we also will be using an ECV, a double and a single stroller, party of 7.
You'll only pass the security checkpoint before boarding the monorail at CR. There are no checkpoints to get on the buses. Since you won't be entering MK after you get off the bus from POFQ, there will be no security checkpoint there.

Micah008

Staff member
...Since you won't be entering MK after you get off the bus from POFQ, there will be no security checkpoint there.
With the new security checkpoint locations, I think you would end up going through security an extra time. When you get off the bus at MK they have moved the checkpoints closer to the bus stops (before the path from the ferry and boats merge together) so in order to get over to the path to the Contemporary I think you would need to go through the security first. I haven't tried this exactly, so maybe they have a way... but I don't recall seeing one.

I also remember for sure that when walking from the contemporary the new security checkpoint is actually on the path before you get to the MK area where the people from the bus would merge together.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
With the new security checkpoint locations, I think you would end up going through security an extra time. When you get off the bus at MK they have moved the checkpoints closer to the bus stops (before the path from the ferry and boats merge together) so in order to get over to the path to the Contemporary I think you would need to go through the security first. I haven't tried this exactly, so maybe they have a way... but I don't recall seeing one.

I also remember for sure that when walking from the contemporary the new security checkpoint is actually on the path before you get to the MK area where the people from the bus would merge together.
Wow, that really is a change. These mini-checkpoints (there's one at DHS, or used to be) are pretty quick to get through.