The "Real" Forums Coming in a Week or So...Ideas Appreciated

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I feel like I'm the United States government accepting Soviet scientist defectors. Or maybe the Soviet Union accepting United States' spies. Not sure which side I'm on.

Either way, I think the first rule of the forum will be "No making fun of spelling or grammar unless it's really, really, really bad."

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
Either way, I think the first rule of the forum will be "No making fun of spelling or grammar unless it's really, really, really bad."
Ummmm......I missed a t in "Strasburg" and you jumped on that one after Vicki pointed it out........does that mean you are banned from the site?? LOL :RpS_biggrin:

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Just wondering where Srasburg was. It's up to Craig on whether or not he wants to issue an infraction point for my curiosity.

txSherry

Resident Lurker
My .02 ... don't compartmentalize SO much that it's hard to navigate or figure out where you want to go. Especially not to hide info from Disnewbies, who may not realize where they want to go.

But, seriously although those 2 pennies are shiney and new, they're not worth all that much ;-)

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, we can certainly do photography. Possibly a TV/Movie/DVD forum too. I think we'll probably start with broader categories and make them more specific as necessary. It's seemingly pretty easy to add/subtract forums.

vatmark

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case
What about an Offsite accommodations thread? Not sure if someone mentioned that yet.

tscandrett

first from North Carolina that posted in multiple
Josh, just to make sure I understand. If I complain, make rude remarks, harass or possibly stalk a member of this forum, I will "earn" infraction points? Are these like advantage miles that I can cash in for a membership upgrade or cool Disney prize? Or on the other hand, I am very much a self deprecating kind of person. If I am making fun of myself (although not blonde) or even worse, if I am stalking myself, will I still earn these infraction points? I just need to know what I have to look forward too.

Oh and about the OP, keeping the tone civil and more importantly supportive is the biggest thing. I give two shakes of a cats tail if I tell you to avoid Dumbo at 11:15 am and you still go. I would rather folks realize that life is all about choices. If that is the choice someone made and they enjoyed the experience still, good for them. Disney is a magical place that truly captures the purity and innocence of youth. We need to be supportive of each other as we each try to build more memories for our families. Making memories, making memories.......

jhalpin76

owes it all to duffy
I thought the first rule of the forum was you don't talk about the forum? (channeling my inner Brad Pitt/Ed Norton)

texhanddoc

won't let you order a nice scotch
Hi all. If I could put in my 2 cents here. If I were designing a forum for Disney, I think you need two forums for the Disney planning. One is strategy and would address which time of the year to go, best parks for which days and then there should be another forum for Tactics which would address things like where to put certain rides and in what order. The "Theme Parks Strategies" forum for the DIS is too big and encompasses too much IMO.

Anywho... just a thought.

Janine

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i l
:RpS_laugh::RpS_laugh:
If I complain, make rude remarks, harass or possibly stalk a member of this forum, I will "earn" infraction points? Are these like advantage miles that I can cash in for a membership upgrade or cool Disney prize?

josh

Administrator
Staff member
We can certainly do a cruise forum, Disneyland forum, and any other sort of forum if the userbase can support it. The only problem is that it's somewhat outside the scope of easywdw.com as it stands. I don't know a whole lot about the cruise line or Disneyland, but if someone else wants to sort of "take the reins" over those sections then we'd certainly be in business. My plan is to start out with more specialized Disney World forums and then expand to additional forums as the userbase expands and as need arises. I guess the two options are to start out with a few forums that are hopefully popular and make people want to post or start out with too many forums, have half of them seem "dead" and make people think that nothing is going on here.

And yes tscandrett, there will be a list of prizes that can be traded in exchange for infraction points. You might be banned for the length of a typical Splash Mountain refurbishment, time it takes for the next IllumiNations to start, time its been since Magic Kingdom opened. I'm still working on the full prize list.

Craig

on disneys mom panel
You might be banned for the length of a typical Splash Mountain refurbishment, time it takes for the next IllumiNations to start, time its been since Magic Kingdom opened. I'm still working on the full prize list.
:RpS_lol::RpS_lol::RpS_lol:

Brandie

Will work for Dole Whips.
:RpS_cool:
We can certainly do a cruise forum, Disneyland forum, and any other sort of forum if the userbase can support it. The only problem is that it's somewhat outside the scope of easywdw.com as it stands. I don't know a whole lot about the cruise line or Disneyland . . .
So I guess when you tag along with me and my BFFs to Disneyland it will be your first step to becoming a bi-coastal Disney expert.:RpS_cool:

(Thanks for the tag, by the way.)