The "Real" Forums Coming in a Week or So...Ideas Appreciated

RoonieRoo

will take any rain...even if its men.
I'll confess that I would love it if the forums did stay more WDW-centric and without a million subforums.

DWCricket

anything that isnt princesses
as I was sitting in a meeting this morning wondering if I should do dietary request for my little guy who is on a oxalate free diet, I thought maybe a special needs forum? Disney does so much good for special needs.

jillyb

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversa
I don't have any suggestions but I do agree with what PPs have said about keeping it friendly. Also agree with the suggested forums/sub-forums. Looking forward to being a party of this community!

OK...I take back what I said about not having any suggestions! LOL Just saw the "Test" post about Flower and Garden Festival. Maybe have a WDW News Forum...call it "News Around the World"?

tscandrett

first from North Carolina that posted in multiple
Hey Jill, speaking of keeping it friendly, we need to meet again for lunch sometime. Now that I am back from Jersey, I need me some Sticky Fingers. :0)

jillyb

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversa
Hey Jill, speaking of keeping it friendly, we need to meet again for lunch sometime. Now that I am back from Jersey, I need me some Sticky Fingers. :0)
Most definitely! I think of ya'll every time I'm over that way and always wished we could get together again. Was glad to see you were back in NC!
Did I tell you I'm gainfully employed now? Got a job in March 2010 with a small law firm in downtown Charlotte.

IzzyQ

not enough information for the computer to issue a
For me a smaller set of forums without each sub forum being so specific would be nice. Some forums get so specific it gets to be a pain to decide where to go with what question.

Amy

JiminyCricket

Jiminy Christmas!
Well heck I just tried to post and I got vaporized with an error page!!

Ok, I was saying that subforums can be great because they almost act like an index. It's an efficient way to go straight to a topic and know that members who have alot of experience with a specific area will give you a prompt response. For me, I think it saves time by avoiding having to wade through a lot of thread titles and content to get to the meat! On the downside, too many subforums and it gets an isolation-ist kind of feeling. I think I've missed alot of info and getting to know some members because I don't go to certain super specific forums unless I have a specific need!

I love a special needs and special diet thread. I think it's a must have because this is information that is best obtained by others who have "walked the walk" and their advice is invaluable in saving alot of time and avoiding missteps.

I also think it would be awesome to have a way to share tips/ideas/ask questions for trip planning with an infant, toddler/preschooler, elementary schooler, pre-teen, teen and grandparents. I know that sounds like alot of sub forums, doesn't it?

How do the smilies work?

ETA: Got the smilies to work!:RpS_w00t:

JiminyCricket

Jiminy Christmas!
like that internet explorer message you get when it says the site may be down or you have a jacked up computer or the operator (me) is a LOOSER (sic) -sidebar- I once read somewhere a post that said someone was a "looser" and I still get TONS of mileage worth of giggles out of it.

bdlily

will return when the custom user titles improve
My favorite thing so far is the infraction points. Especially the part about the length of a Splash Mountain refurb. Seriously, that ride has the LONGEST refurbs. What are they doing- hand attaching individual threads of fur to every animal in the ride?

I'm all for simple but I would love a Disneyland thread as has been mentioned.

Cachumba

First Argentinian
I think "Merchandising" or Products.. or something like that it's important..

To talk about Disney's movies, Products of the park, etc..

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
I'm all for simple but I would love a Disneyland thread as has been mentioned.
Perhaps a forum for "Other Disney Vacations" with subheadings for Disneyland, Cruise Ship and maybe Adventures by Disney? That way they'd be there and available to everyone but will just be a small part of a forum that is basically WDW focused. Could maybe do the same for Universal and Sea World?? Just a thought.

Ferg

on josh's private jet to tokyo disneysea...someday
Another Idea

I LOVE this! How fun to watch something of quality grow. Thanks for your work, Josh!!

One option might be to have a thread called "outside Disney" and you could have a sub-forum on: US/IOA, Sea World, Restaurants, Lodging, Legoland, Other Entertainment, etc.

Shawna

everyone wants to know her secrets
I noticed that I can subscribe to a thread through the Control Panel. I'm not able to find a link to the Control Panel. Is there a link & I'm not seeing it? If not, that would be a great tab/button to add. :)

I'd love to see a forum for new stuff at WDW. So, it's a bit easier to find out what's been happening since your last trip. A place to find out about new shows, rides, restaurants, even resorts or DVC properties would be great.