There go my fall rope drops...

BSS

Every day this fall MK and AK will have regular 8am opens with EMH from 7-8am and HS will have 9am-10pm park hours with 6-9am EMH. So my 9am rope drop plans for early October at MK and AK are out the window. To rope drop anything besides EPCOT will require us to get moving at 5am (HS) or 6am (MK or AK) for EMH - brutal! Fortunately, it's not our first or last trip, but I still wish they could have done evenings a couple days per week so we could have a couple reasonable rope drops at MK and AK.

BSS

I hope there are DAH events at this point. If that's the ruse, it will work on us. It seems unlikely to me, however. MK already has MNSSHP, HS will already be open 16 hours (6am-10pm) daily. I suppose they could offer DAH at AK from 8-11 some nights.

Last edited:

Ken

Holy Cow.. I think I like it. Although a 6:00am rope drop will take some effort I'm sure it'll be worth it. Even the 7:00 RD's will be a good investment. Thank goodness for afternoon naps.. lol

3dadknight

My daughter and I have a long weekend trip booked at the end of September specifically for Galaxy’s Edge. This works perfectly for us.

BSS

I'm happy that it works well for others. We will manage it, but we will need to alter our plans a bit. We always take an afternoon break anyway. Since it's just me and DS21, though, we don't love getting up so super early even at Disney. We did a 7am HS EMM last October, so I know we can make it. It's just not our preference especially at every park, every morning.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
That sounds fun! I’d get up at 4:30 for this.
We get up at 2:15 four straight mornings to run 48.6 miles for the Dopey Challenge, so a 4:30 alarm without having to run a marathon is like a real Disney vacation by comparison.

Sunflower0530

Sigh. I don’t honestly mind getting up for an 8 am rope drop. Small kids and all were up at 6:30 anyway. All EMH bugs me as we don’t stay on property (I like to actually sleep on my vacation and that doesn’t work in a normal hotel room.) but I can safely assume the normal Disney person won’t get up for a 7 am magic hour right?

DopeyRunr

I can safely assume the normal Disney person won’t get up for a 7 am magic hour right?
I would not assume that, no. If they're not lined up at 5:45am to be at the front of the pack, there will be MANY arriving around 7am, building from there.

crewsn

I was sitting here :RpS_crying: when I saw these hours. We first planned September to avoid Galaxys Edge. Came to accept it would be open. Then have been sitting here waiting for the hour changes. I have wanted to do zero planning just knowing changes will happen. I knew they would, but was hoping there would be a mixture of night and morning hours. We are just not morning people. We can push ourselves to do an 8am, but 6am. Ugh on vacation. That means really needing to be there at 5am as you know they will likely allow people in even earlier then 6am in past experience. So leaving around 4:45am. No thanks.

The only thing I do see as a plus right now is at least we will avoid the heat. We can be back at the resort midday when typically we wouldn't break until 2/3 and have the afternoon to rest. I just don't see us making any late night shows this trip if we try to hit these early morning hours though.

bnoble

he's right
I just don't see us making any late night shows this trip if we try to hit these early morning hours though.
If your trip is more than a few days, it is unlikely that you will want to be up early every single day. Plan for a sleep-in morning, with the morning off, and you can be out late the night before. You can be out to a reasonable hour the night before an Epcot non-EMH morning, as well. I've almost always planned a sleep-in morning and those are great paired with a World Showcase afternoon and dinner in Epcot, maybe going home before fireworks.

DopeyRunr

I've almost always planned a sleep-in morning and those are great paired with a World Showcase afternoon and dinner in Epcot, maybe going home before fireworks.
We work late arrival days into our plans. Sometimes it's just a lazy morning of getting up and arriving at the park around 10. Other times it's ropedropping a water park (they open at 10). In looking at our July plans, we've got a couple of rope drop, break, fireworks, sleep in sequences.

crewsn

If your trip is more than a few days, it is unlikely that you will want to be up early every single day. Plan for a sleep-in morning, with the morning off, and you can be out late the night before. You can be out to a reasonable hour the night before an Epcot non-EMH morning, as well. I've almost always planned a sleep-in morning and those are great paired with a World Showcase afternoon and dinner in Epcot, maybe going home before fireworks.
We usually do the same with Epcot. I am now just going I probably should have arranged my days differently. Already set our dining in place. I could rearrange, but I know some would be a pain to find. Animal Kingdom is another we sleep in for. Which will probably be a must after the day before getting up really early for Hollywood Studios.

BSS

I think I've now found a good mix of early mornings and later starts. It also helps that DS21, who is a HUGE Star Wars fan, has made it clear that we will just do what we can on this trip and he's fine with that. He would love to check out SWGE, but isn't sure he wants to wait hours for Smuggler's Run. He says he's fine with however it plays out. DH wants to take both the boys and do a guys trip to the Star Wars hotel once it is open, so DS21 knows there is a SWGE centered trip on the horizon at some point.

TraderJeff

Holy Cow.. I think I like it. Although a 6:00am rope drop will take some effort I'm sure it'll be worth it. Even the 7:00 RD's will be a good investment. Thank goodness for afternoon naps.. lol
Exactly! that should help for sure.

Our plan of attack:

RP @ 6-7am depending on park.
Leave at lunch 12-1pm
Sleep for 3 hrs
Return around dinner 5-6p

Try to t urn into a sleeping pumpkin before midnight.