"There must be something there that wasn't there before" -a TR!

runDisneygirl

I heard of a couple runners who stopped to ride Expedition Everest and then the ride got stuck. But only for a minute. Can you imagine the panic?

beachta1

I heard of a couple runners who stopped to ride Expedition Everest and then the ride got stuck. But only for a minute. Can you imagine the panic?

I'm thinking that if you are willing to stop for a drink or to go on a ride, you aren't going for a PR! But anytime being stuck on a ride = not fun. Although not being able to finish the race because you got stuck on a ride would really stink!!

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
I love the dress you wore at Epcot, looks so comfy but still so much nicer than shorts or pants!

gorsh

Goofus D. Dawg
Your evening around the world looked amazing! I hope DH and I get a chance to do something similar on our date night!

What a fun report!! I'm planning a runDisney vacation next year for the princess half but I won't have the exciting post race fun you had :RpS_love: You know unless some random person happens to propose! LOL

I'm planning my around the world date for DH and me this fall. Thanks for the great photos and fun picture ideas!

beachta1

I love the dress you wore at Epcot, looks so comfy but still so much nicer than shorts or pants!

Thank you! I find maxi dresses so easy and comfortable. Plus they look nice without doing much work. The one I'm wearing in the pictures for the next day of the trip is one of my favorites!

Your evening around the world looked amazing! I hope DH and I get a chance to do something similar on our date night!

Thanks! Traveling around EP is one of our favorite parts of the trip. We love the eating, drinking and exploring. I can't wait to do it again, and he'll be my DH when we go next!I hope you get to have a great date night with your DH too :)

What a fun report!! I'm planning a runDisney vacation next year for the princess half but I won't have the exciting post race fun you had :RpS_love: You know unless some random person happens to propose! LOL

I'm planning my around the world date for DH and me this fall. Thanks for the great photos and fun picture ideas!

I found Josh's blog and posts on the forums so helpful in planning our trips. The suggestions on snacks, special things to check out, etc really makes the experience. There is so much to be explored! Glad I could give you some good ideas :)

beachta1

After Mexico, we headed back towards Germany for dinner. It was getting close to dinner time but we still needed to explore Norway and China before finishing in Germany! It was starting to get cold out and DF was freezing. I felt so bad for him! With the sun down the temps really dropped. I had my sweater so I was OK. DF ended up buying a sweatshirt in Germany before dinner. We saw some nice sweaters but they were like $100+. He ended up with a $50 sweatshirt that just said GERMANY across the front and had a pocket for beer. He went to Germany last year so it seemed fitting... anyway, back to Norway.

I failed to mention in the previous post we had grabbed a FP for Maelestrom on our way to Mexico. The wait time was not that long, but we didn't feel like waiting at all. First, we had to stop in the shop and say hello to the troll! We also saw the huge wait for Anna and Elsa. They were on their way to taking a break so they walked right by us while in the shop. It was nice to see them up close without waiting at all. Their costumes were beautiful and I thought both girls playing the characters were stunning. Frozen was such a great movie so although we weren't waiting in line to meet them, we got to at least see them up close! We also loved walking through the Frozen exhibit area to learn more about the film and how it was put together based on inspiration from Norway!

Our second to last stop was China. We stopped and grabbed a cantaloupe loopy. I really wanted to try a tipsy ducks in love drink but neither of us was in the mood for something sweet and heavy like that. We quickly chugged it and walked through the shops before making it to Germany for dinner!

We ran over to Germany for our late night reservations. The restaurant was pretty empty yet we waited almost 10 minutes to be seated. Honestly, by this point, we were both pretty full from all of the food and drinks. We snacked so much more this trip of drinking around the world then our previous trip, and having dinner at Biergarten was basically a waste of our money. We split a beer and I'm not sure either of us went up to the buffet more then once. Actually, I may have gone up more then once for that beer cheese soup. SO good! The ladies at our table were super nice and we enjoyed getting to know them very well. I really would go back to biergarten when the band is performing and we aren't full of other good food and drinks.

It was close to 10pm when we left the restaurant and EP was basically empty at this point. I wanted to walk the long way out of the park, but we were both pretty tired. We took our time walking out, and watched the Illuminations set pass under the bridge. I had never paid attention that we were walking over a bridge between Africa and China. Since the bridge was up, we waited a few minutes for the set to pass. I think it was crazy that from inside the restaurant we couldn't hear Illuminations at all!

I love the walkway in FW on our way out....

We walked out to the buses and were a little worried we were late to catch one. We waited a good bit for a bus. The CM working in that area had sent buses that came for CSR to other bus stops that had people at them. Finally a bus came to take us back to CSR! We were beat but happy we had the next morning to sleep in a little before heading back to EP!

pfalcioni

I love those lights in the walkway, I remember "discovering" them on our very first night at WDW on our first visit.

gorsh

Goofus D. Dawg
Your pictures have me SO excited for our trip! Those sparkly lights at EP are so fun and my daughter (2) is going to go NUTS over those. Seeing your pictures brings back memories and has me looking forward to the knew ones we will create.

Pam commented on your dress-I love it too! After reading your post I literally jumped from my desk and ran to the closet and got my long dress and added it to my "packing station" :RpS_smile:

beachta1

I love those lights in the walkway, I remember "discovering" them on our very first night at WDW on our first visit.

They were so beautiful! I love that WDW has so many elements that you don't plan for, but are amazed by. This was one for us. Maybe because we were a little drunk...

Your pictures have me SO excited for our trip! Those sparkly lights at EP are so fun and my daughter (2) is going to go NUTS over those. Seeing your pictures brings back memories and has me looking forward to the knew ones we will create.

Pam commented on your dress-I love it too! After reading your post I literally jumped from my desk and ran to the closet and got my long dress and added it to my "packing station" :RpS_smile:

Glad I could be of some fashion inspiration. I find dresses so much easier/cuter then shorts and t-shirt. Plus I buy most of mine at Ross so I'm not spending an arm and a leg on them!

runDisneygirl

Very cool you got to see Ana and Elsa up close! I love that canto-loopy drink, just wish it was a little stronger for the price. What a shame you were too full already to enjoy Biergarten! Oh well, next trip. This was a very long day. You sure did well closing down Epcot, nice work!

beachta1

Very cool you got to see Ana and Elsa up close! I love that canto-loopy drink, just wish it was a little stronger for the price. What a shame you were too full already to enjoy Biergarten! Oh well, next trip. This was a very long day. You sure did well closing down Epcot, nice work!

We couldn't believe how late we stayed out / how long it took us to travel around the world. There is so much to see and even almost 10 hours in EP in WS alone wasn't enough to do everything we wanted to do! We did sleep in a little bit the next day so that helped some. Even when tired at WDW, it is hard to leave it. Also, we did get a chance to have the tipsy ducks in love drink the next day and that was soooo yummy.

beachta1

The next day we slept in and didn't get to the EP until 10 or 1030. I stopped taking notes so the day is a little blurry! I'll just post some pictures and fill in what I can!

We walked over to Soarin to grab paper FP. The FP return time was around our FP+ return time so it worked out quite nicely!!
Our first stop was off to the Seas pavilion to check out Nemo, aquarium, turtle talk, etc.

The seagulls crack me up!!

We were hungry and decided to walk to China for lunch. We split a tipsy ducks in love and sesame chicken. It was beautiful outside so it was nice to eat, people watch and hang.

From there we headed to Norway to try some school bread!! It was so delicious.

From there we went inside Mexico to ride three caballeros again!! After the ride I saw that it was near 3pm and I knew Duffy would be out soon. DF had no interest in meeting Duffy but I wouldn't take no. We grabbed a coffee and waited for a few minutes and were the first in line. We spent a few minutes talking to the CM who was the photographer and she was, interesting. I haven't finished "stealing" the pictures from the photopass, so here is one... we had such a blast meeting Duffy and with the pictures. It made my day!!

After that we walked back to FW for Soarin. On our walk we saw that the Character Spot and saw it only had a 5 minute wait, so we decided to go in. I'm SO glad we did. We had the best character interactions!!! Since we had our engagement pins on, the characters had fun with it. Here is one from my phone!

Once we got into the Land Pavilion, we headed to Soarin. So fun!!

My stomach was a little queezy from Soarin and we knew we were going to ride again, so we did Living with the Land in between! The CM gave us the first row and our own boat!

To be continued...

pfalcioni

Love that pic of the two of you with Minnie :)

And I think this dress is even cuter than yesterdays! I envy ladies that can look good in things like this. I used to have a sense of style, but traded it in on a sense of adventure about 25 years ago.

D

Deleted member 519

You look so cute on vacation! I always look I'm about to cut the lawn! I'm going shopping...

beachta1

I bought the dress last summer at Ross for maybe $15. I love their dresses, not that I ever expect them to last very long!! They make me look like I put in some effort when I'm not really a high-maintenance girl.

Minnie and Goofy were so fun to take pictures with! Goofy kept messing with DF and then grabbed my hand and we walked off together. The CM kept saying to goofy "she is already engaged you can't have her!" Then when we got to Minnie she grabbed my hand and I asked her where her ring was. She looked down like she was sad and then pointed towards Mickey and shook her head. I was like "Minnie I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you!!!" She must have grabbed my hand like 10 times. The CM taking pictures with minnie tried to get a close up of the "just engaged" pin with the ring, but they sadly came out blurry.

beachta1

Haha I actually dressed more casual for our first trip, but after reading TR on this site and other sites, I felt like I needed to step my game up. Plus I hate looking at pictures and thinking "wow Tricia, fix your hair much?"

beachta1

Finally downloaded my photopass pictures, here are some for your enjoyment!

With Minnie

With talking Mickey at MK!

Early morning at MK!

With Mickey at MK

One of my favorites from the trip!! With Dug and Russell :)

With two duffies!

When Goofy tried to walk off with me. I love DF in the back, his expression cracks me up!!