"There must be something there that wasn't there before" -a TR!

beachta1

Back to the TR... can't believe its almost done! So after Living with the Land, we road Soarin again. After that, we walked towards Figment and MK!

I loved this fountain!! We watched the dancing water for a good five minutes.

From there, we backtracked over to Spaceship Earth. While I love this ride, I hated getting stuck. The ride stopped a few times and made me feel a few anxious.

After SE, we had to walk to Italy for our dinner reservation with DF parents at Via Napoli! I didn't take any pictures at dinner, but it was OK. Jon's parents both had the veal parm and although it was a big serving, but they finished it. They loved it! DF and I split the arancini for an appetizer and then a single sized pizza (I forget what kind we ordered!). It was delicious but since I can't remember what kind of pizza we ordered, it must have not been anything to write home about. They CM saw our engaged pins and brought us dessert!

After dinner, is was about 845pm. We were tired and decided we didn't want to stay for Illuminations. I wanted to walk through the countries at night all light up so we walked the "long way" to the bus. I love EP so much and didn't want to leave.

On our way out of EP we had to of course stop for mickey ears ice cream since we hadn't had any during our trip!

We waited awhile for the bus so we got to see a few of the fireworks from Illuminations from the bus stop! We got back to the hotel and started packing. We were headed to AK for RD and checkout in the morning :/

runDisneygirl

Gosh, we were just steps apart from each other all afternoon. I had lunch in China too, just missed you in Norway (I think), in Futureworld - maybe even in the Land - around the same times, and then wandered back to World Showcase - all the way to Italy too. So funny! I walked up to a girl in Norway with brown hair and asked if she was Tricia. (you had twittered your school bread photo like 10 mins earlier) She was none too amused with me pestering her!! I wandered out around the same time as you also, just a wee bit earlier I think... crazy!

Leisurely afternoon, well done! I agree, the dress looks fantastical! As do your character pics - love the Duffy one!

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
If it makes you feel any better, Spaceship Earth probably wasn't breaking down or stuck during those stops. Because of the ride design, they have to completely stop the entire ride to allow people with mobility issues to get on and off. We just always hope we get stopped in front of one of the displays so we can get a closer look at things.

mlwilk

Love the report! Congrats on your engagement!! Congrats on the race. I love the dresses. Please tell me what shoes you wear with them at WDW?

mlwilk

Thanks. Are your feet ok in them with all the walking? I live in flip flops in the summer but was worried about walking so much at WDW. We have only been once before.

beachta1

So our last day was a short day sadly :( We had to be back to AK by 1:30 to catch the bus. We woke up, finished packing and decided to carry our bags to the bell hop instead of waiting for someone to come get them. It was only a few minute walk so it wasn't a big deal. We dropped off our luggage and then waited for what seemed like forever for a bus to AK. I thought that it would be a quick bus considering how close we were to AK. Nope. We should have left the room earlier, but oh well.

We finally got on a bus and got to AK around 9:15am or so. Our first line of business was EE. We walked over and were going to ride and then double dip with our paper FP when we learned (well I had known but forgot) that they weren't doing paper FP anymore at AK. Bummer. So we rode EE and then made it over to the Safari right before our FP+ was to expire at 10am. I forgot how long of a walk that line area is, I can't even imagine what it is like when it is full!! We got into the line and the CM were not doing a good job paying attention to how many people were lining up for cars. A family of four squeezed into the seat next to us, which sort of annoyed me. We were about to leave when the CM by the line was like "no, get off, you are on the next car." I felt bad for being annoyed but I wanted the freedom to move around! The ride was bumpy but great! I didn't take that many pictures only because I have so many from the last trip and I know that I've seen 10000 from TR on this site! During the ride it started to rain a little. We finished our ride and put on our coats before walking through the pangani trail. Of course about a minute into our walk the train stopped and the sun turned up the heat! We enjoyed walking around the trail and took awhile to watch the gorillas. We hadn't walked through this path last time so I'm glad we stopped.

After the trail, we decided to take the train to rafiki's planet watch. I know it was meant for kids, but it would be something different to explore. We only waited a minute or two for the train and it was pretty empty. I was hoping the view would be more scenic, but oh well. Once off the train it was a few minute walk to the building. We walked inside and saw no wait for Rafiki, so we decided to go meet him! After that, we went into one of the rainforest rooms and listened to sounds for awhile. If anyone needed a spot to relax, nap, take a time out or take a break from people- this would be the spot to do it!! After our relaxing few minutes, we wandered around the rest of the building and decided to head back to the rest of the park. There was a train waiting for us and we were the last people to get on it before taking off! I'm not sure I would visit here again without kids, but I'm glad we took the time to visit somewhere we hadn't explored before.

We got back to the "main land" and headed back towards EE. There was a line about 20 people deep to meet Dug and Russell but there was no way we couldn't stop to meet them. DF didn't want to wait a long time, but I didn't want to not have the chance. The line moved rather quickly and finally we got to meet my favorite characters!! UP is my favorite Disney movie for a lot of reasons. I love the music, the message, the characters, everything. Something about that film just gets me. I know a lot of people see it as a sad movie, but I think it really has a lot of positive messages. Anyway, the interaction was top notch! Pictures coming soon...

beachta1

Meeting Dug and Russell..

Our delicious lunch from Flame Tree BBQ...

Stolen pic from riding Dinosaur. This ride did a number on my stomach, and I don't see the big "scare" as all that scary.

I love these trees on the safari. So neat looking!

I guess I didn't take as many pics at AK as I thought!! Anyway I was sad when our time at AK was up and we had to head back to the buses. We walked out of the park and I of course started crying. I didn't want our magical week to end. I enjoyed being on vacation, being engaged and the special time we had over the course of a week. I had to remember that this was just the end of our vacation but the beginning of enjoying a new step in our lives! Plus I knew that since we got engaged at WDW that we'd have to come back. Like, a lot. We waited FOREVER for a bus back to CSR and I was getting worried we'd miss the bus to the airport. Finally one came and we made it back to find a big line of people also waiting for the bus. A CM said that we were OK and that the bus was running late. At this point I had to pee but the CM told me that a bus won't wait for me and that I should just go on the bus. Well there was no stopping me so I ran into CSR to the bathroom and when I came out, the bus was pulling up. Just made it. The ride back to the airport was uneventful. We got through security and headed to the gift shop to buy water.

There I was able to buy this...

First of many bridal magazines!!

Our flight home was pretty full but uneventful overall. We got home around 9pm. I was happy to be home, but sad that the trip was over.

So, it has taken me a long time to write this, but that is the end of the report!! Here are a few photopass pictures I downloaded, enjoy! Thank you all so much for following along and wishing us congratulations on the engagement and the race. Its been a blast to share our adventure with you!

And one of my favorites, with our main mouse <3

pfalcioni

Favorite pic:

You guys make such a cute couple, and although I'm sorry the trip report is over, I can't wait to hear about the wedding and honeymoon planning!

runDisneygirl

The last day is always bittersweet. You made the most of it at AK! Your lunch looked delicious.
I love that you picked up a bridal magazine at the airport. So cute!
Thank you so much for sharing your story - I loved reading it!!

beachta1

Thank you for following along!! I'm excited to start planning a minnie-moon for Sept 2015! I'm thinking we'll do a Tuesday-Friday or Tuesday-Saturday and hopefully stay at a resort within walking distance to EP! I want to spend a night at AK (we've only ever been on the day we're leaving and feel rushed), a morning at HS, a day at MK and some time visiting the F&W booths if they're open early again this year. I'm a halloween baby so I think MNSSHP would be fun but I'm not sure if its worth the cost for two adults. I'd have to get info from you all when the time gets closer for all that :)

gorsh

Goofus D. Dawg
Loved your report! We did Dinosaur this trip for the first time too and I was really worried it would be too scary for DS based on some reports, but we both LOVED it!

Alright, I totally brought my long dress on our trip, as inspired by your report, but sort of forgot to bring an integral part of the wardrobe...the dress is strapless and you an guess what I forgot to pack, so it stayed on the hanger for the whole trip :RpS_sad:.

beachta1

Loved your report! We did Dinosaur this trip for the first time too and I was really worried it would be too scary for DS based on some reports, but we both LOVED it!

Alright, I totally brought my long dress on our trip, as inspired by your report, but sort of forgot to bring an integral part of the wardrobe...the dress is strapless and you an guess what I forgot to pack, so it stayed on the hanger for the whole trip :RpS_sad:.
Glad I could inspire your clothing for your trip but sorry to hear you forgot a certain item. I don't know if I could do strapless at the parks, I'd be too scared on rides and taking my bag on and off a zillion times during the day!

I'm a bit late to the party!! Just wanted to say great TR and congrats on your engagement. Beautiful ring!
Thanks for coming to the party at all and for reading my TR. We've been engaged for 2 months now and I'm loving the ring and being engaged more and more every day!

beachta1

Update:

Now we're trying to figure out our honeymoon plans and how to fit WDW into it!! At first I was thinking right after the wedding we'd do a mini-moon for a few days, but I'm thinking it may be a little stressful to leave right after our wedding. My other thought is do WDW at the beginning of a longer honeymoon, and from Orlando we can travel to some beautiful island for a few days. Since we're getting married in September, I don't want to wait too long to go on our honeymoon. We had friends that were married in June and waited until January to head to the Bahamas. She said it felt more like a vacation than a honeymoon since they'd already been married for awhile.

After reading more TR and other honeymoon reports, I feel like it'll be hard to plan a completely different type of WDW trip. I was thinking about free dining but it defines where we stay and how long we stay. I was also looking at some of the guided tours to see WDW differently, but I'm afraid I'll miss park time. Sigh, so much to consider...

pfalcioni

At first I was thinking right after the wedding we'd do a mini-moon for a few days, but I'm thinking it may be a little stressful to leave right after our wedding.
Although I'm not a big fan of crazy-busy whirlwind honeymoons, I think it's really quite nice to get away for at least a few days right after the wedding, even if it's just to a local resort. A few reasons for this, but the main one is that during the planning most brides tend to ignore their fiancee a bit and the days after the wedding are a great time to reconnect. Second reason is you can be completely GONE from those logistics questions that everyone is sure to have; where to put things, who gets the stupid centerpieces, that kind of thing. After spending the last few months making decisions and answering questions it's so very nice to have a few days where the only thing you need to do is decide what you want to eat for dinner.

I know everyone is different, but those first few days after our wedding it was so nice to be away from everyone else and just be the two of us. If we'd waited a few months it would have felt like just any other vacation.

Craftysplat

Tricia - I got married on May 27 and then I left for my honeymoon on like May 30 or something. It gave a few days to recouperate, but it still felt like a honeymoon. I always recommend it to people, don't leave the very next day, but within a week or month if it is possible to take off that much vacation time in short succession.

Erika

We went straight from the wedding reception to a nice hotel at the airport...the next morning we were on a plane to Playa del Carmen....then 6 days of lounging, eating drinking and....sleeping ;)
i loved the escape from it all! It was exciting and exhausting but so perfect! next June it will be 10 yrs ago!
I believe anyway you decide to do it will be right for you!

Just read a lot of your TR....great report! Thanks for sharing!

beachta1

I think you guys are right... getting away a few days after the wedding is a good idea. Wedding is on a Saturday, so maybe we'll leave on Tuesday for the honeymoon or something like that. It'll give us time to get home, organize ourselves (or disorganize as I like to say) and then get going. My only fear is hurricane season is still in full effect in September and that makes me a little nervous about making plans to travel to FL/the Caribbean at that time of year. At least in November its the end of the season...