Things that are Free-ish.

Brandie

Will work for Dole Whips.
Visit a Butterfly Garden! Rumor has it there is one at the Contemporary and one at Ft. Wilderness. Call the gardening hotline (407) 938-3900 to ask for specifics.

View wildlife from the Animal Kingdom Lodge. There are viewing areas and, at night, a cast member offers night vision glasses for optimal viewing.

Brandie

Didn't know the others had campfires as well. Wildnerness Lodge has movies on the beach and Contemporary has movies in the main pool area..
You can't see wishes from the WL beach, can you?
I can't answer that for you, but you can see Wishes from the beach at Ft. Wilderness. (Unfortunately, not from the campfire/movie area.)

Anyone? Wishes from WL?

Ferg

on josh's private jet to tokyo disneysea...someday
You can't forget the Floating Electrical Pageant which happens for free every night of the year and can be seen by sitting out on the lake and watching at the following locations and times:

Polynesian Resort -- 9 p.m.
Grand Floridian -- 9:15 p.m.
Wilderness Lodge -- 9:35 p.m.
Fort Wilderness -- 9:45 p.m.
Contemporary Resort -- 10:05 p.m.

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
** While at Epcot your child will get the chance to make a mask in the kidcot stations in Worldshowcase. In every country he/she can get a charm to hang on the mask
I could have sworn that I read that they replaced the masks with some kind of Duffy colouring thing. We haven't done kidcot in a long time (whose brilliant idea was it to give sharpies to kids?) so I haven't paid attention.

3Caballeros

living life to its fullest
I could have sworn that I read that they replaced the masks with some kind of Duffy colouring thing. We haven't done kidcot in a long time (whose brilliant idea was it to give sharpies to kids?) so I haven't paid attention.
Yes, Duffy the Bear has replaced the "masks" but, really, it's the same thing. A cardboard cutout that can be colored with indelible ink. :RpS_mellow:

DWCricket

anything that isnt princesses
If you ride the monorail, try to get in the first car, even if you can't get a ride in the nose, the engineer usually will give your kids a free trading card.
I don't think they allow this anymore?? :noidea:

However, the bus drivers for Disney Transport have trading cards if you ask. The kids love them.

Not free, but pressed pennies- there are usually machines in many of the stores and that helps the "I wanna's" when your dumped into a store after a ride.

gorsh

Goofus D. Dawg
Sitting in the front of the monorail. They stopped after the deadly accident a couple of years ago.
We had a nice conversation with a monorail CM this week who told us that the monorail is regulated the Florida Dept. of Transpo and that Disney has petitioned them five times to allow guests to ride in the front. Since the monorail is considered transportation and not a ride, the FDOT will not allow guests to ride in the front. The CM doesn't know if Disney will continue to petition FDOT, but he hopes they do!

jilly7896

proud to keep the transportation forum the most ci
My kids really enjoyed it the few times we were able to! I hope they allow it again too!

Trueblue63

Still recalls that Hollywood & Vine's food was unm
How awful, riding in the nose was great

But they still do the trading cards, yes?

jandeeah

rescued daughter from turk - that crazy gorilla!
But they still do the trading cards, yes?
Yes when we were there in Sept they did them. Just ask every once in a while someone was out of them once the CM felt so bad they gave DD a pin instead. You can also get them at the little info booth at MK near the buses and boats.

mandi5379

Free hot chocolate!

Everyone probably already knows this, but it was new to us. We were at MK a few weeks back and the weather turned quite chilly (relatively speaking). We had reservations at Crystal Palace and the had self-serve complimentary hot chocolate just outside the entrance doors. I've seen the complimentary ice water on hot days there, but the hot chocolate was a first for us. We sent the hubbys to go fetch us some later that night while we were waiting for fireworks. As for quality, let's just say I would not have been thrilled if I had paid $6 for it. For free, however, no complaints.

Brandie

I don't think we've mentioned the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards that they have at MK. We don't play the game but enjoy collecting the free cards!