Things that are Free-ish.

momofkids

Where do you go to get the night vision goggles to view the animals at AKL? We were going to do that last year, but I wasn't sure where to go.

I did want to mention that you can also get transportation cards at the TTC. We asked the ferry captain who was changing shifts at the time. He went in the building and sent a CM out to us. She came with rolls of stickers and stacks of cards. We got all the ones the kids hadn't collected through the week. It was our last day. The kids were thrilled to be able to get the rest of the boats and buses.

Where do you go to get the night vision goggles to view the animals at AKL? We were going to do that last year, but I wasn't sure where to go.

See the little paw print in the center of the right hand side of the map? That's where the night vision area is. The DH and I came across it by accident on night. It was pretty neat. There weren't a lot of animals for us to see, but we had fun talking to the CMs.

D

dawn

The Boardwalk Ballyhoo Guided tour, departs Wed-Sat at 9am, 45 minutes, no sign up required. Check in at Bellevue Lounge 15 minutes prior to departure...open to all ages.

simbasmom

At AKL, do the culinary tour of Boma and Jiko (it's around 4:00). At Boma, they gave us a free zebra dome, and at Jiko they gave us several Taste Of Africa appetizers to share while they talked. You dion't have to be staying at AKL to take this tour. I went to one several years ago at Sanaa where they gave you a free appetizer Bread Service at the end of the tour, but I don't know if they give that to you anymore.

D

dawn

does anyone know if you have to be staying on disney property to experience any of these?? do they 'check' for a room card?

2RoundEars

I have heard you can see most of the Illuminations fireworks from the beach chairs on Yacht/Beach Club. Anybody have experience with this?

Brandie

Will work for Dole Whips.
I have seen some of the fireworks from a bench on the boardwalk in front of the Boardwalk Inn. Can't comment on the Yacht/Beach club, though.

Yep. You can see some of the fireworks from the Yacht/Beach Club beach. We like watching the fireworks on the Yacht/Beach Club boat dock (by the lighthouse).