Three wishes

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
That would be CyberSpace Mountain. It was one of my favorites. I tried to keep track of what they were doing with them, because I really wanted to buy a ride pod. It would have filled my living room, but I was willing to sacrifice!
They also had the Virtual Jungle Cruise, where you had to get into an inflatable raft in front of a big screen and "row," the sensors being in the oars. It was a really uncomfortable seat/position, and at some point I stopped rowing and as a result we were swept over a waterfall and then eaten by a dinosaur. We still laugh at that, when I'm being lazy about having to do something.

1601042484224.png

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
They also had the Virtual Jungle Cruise, where you had to get into an inflatable raft in front of a big screen and "row," the sensors being in the oars. It was a really uncomfortable seat/position, and at some point I stopped rowing and as a result we were swept over a waterfall and then eaten by a dinosaur. We still laugh at that, when I'm being lazy about having to do something.

View attachment 11256
We did that once. Too much exercise after a day walking around the parks.

beachta1

My three wishes...

1. Osborne Lights. I wish they had found another way to keep them at the parks.

2. River Country. I loved it there as a kid!

3. Duffy M&G / Duffy bedtime stories on resort TV.

Mrs Darling

My three wishes...

1. Osborne Lights. I wish they had found another way to keep them at the parks.

2. River Country. I loved it there as a kid!

3. Duffy M&G / Duffy bedtime stories on resort TV.
I want to change my answer! Osborne lights. Yes!! Sigh.
I saw them twice but my kids never did get to experience them & that makes me so sad.
Also - Duffy bedtime stories aren't on anymore??! It always blows my mind when Disney does away with things that enhance the WDW experience but are essentially zero cost to them.

beachta1

I want to change my answer! Osborne lights. Yes!! Sigh.
I saw them twice but my kids never did get to experience them & that makes me so sad.
Also - Duffy bedtime stories aren't on anymore??! It always blows my mind when Disney does away with things that enhance the WDW experience but are essentially zero cost to them.
Nope, now its like shorter versions of Disney stories. I remember Tangled and Cars when we were there last.

I also miss Sum of All Thrills. We would RD Epcot for that.

Anne

1. Osborne lights for me too!

2. River country, but maybe that's just nostalgia talking. I have fond memories of the rope ladder over the water and my first experience on a "big" water slide. It was the strangest thing, when we stayed at Ft. Wilderness cabins I went to the top of the water tower slide with my son and had an old memory pop up. I could see the view from that same tower when it was at river country and had a vivid picture of the swim suit I wore that day when I was 8.

3. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I loved the boats and it captured my imagination. At the time it felt like a book had come to life, which was a novelty as a pre-tech-age kid.

George

3. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I loved the boats and it captured my imagination. At the time it felt like a book had come to life, which was a novelty as a pre-tech-age kid.
I remember the coolest thing about that ride was feeling we were diving because of the bubbles rising outside the porthole.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
I think we need five wishes. :)

Osborne Lights, River Country and 20K Leagues are great choices. I'd throw in afternoon parades in DHS, AK and Epcot (logistics be damned!! :RpS_laugh:)

3dadknight

1. Park Hopping
2. FastPasses in any form
3. MK EMH ‘til 2:00 a.m.
I’d need all three. Some of our most memorable day and moments at WDW would not have been possible without them:
- The day my boys (then 7 and 5) completed 3 “triple mountain whammies” in one day during Presidents Day Week on paper FastPasses.
- Most major rides at all 4 parks in one day- twice. Once with the boys and once with my daughter.
- Three hour naps from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. after rope dropping HS and still having 10 hours of MK available.
- Any day we started at AK in the morning and ended at MK walking hand in hand with my wife to the exit from BTMRR through a deserted Adventure Land.

BoSoxGal

I never got to see the Osborne lights :( My three would be:

1. Original Journey with Dreamfinder.
2. The Kitchen Kabaret (I was sooo happy this made it into Epcot Forever!)
3. Riding in the front of the monorail. We got to do this a few times when I was a kid, and it was so cool.

nolarookie

1. Park Hopping
2. FastPasses in any form
3. MK EMH ‘til 2:00 a.m.
I’d need all three. Some of our most memorable day and moments at WDW would not have been possible without them:
- The day my boys (then 7 and 5) completed 3 “triple mountain whammies” in one day during Presidents Day Week on paper FastPasses.
- Most major rides at all 4 parks in one day- twice. Once with the boys and once with my daughter.
- Three hour naps from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. after rope dropping HS and still having 10 hours of MK available.
- Any day we started at AK in the morning and ended at MK walking hand in hand with my wife to the exit from BTMRR through a deserted Adventure Land.
Your list wins

cboyer

Well, the big one I missed two weeks ago was Stacy is no longer on the TVs. My husband finds her "must dos" annoying, so of course my daughter and I play her on a loop whenever we are in the hotel room to drive him insane, plus I do like her. They took her off the air right now, because a lot of what she did is not open with COVID. Surprised how much I missed having her in the background.

As far as in the parks
1. Wishes, I loved that show. And a subsection of that is hallowishes, they replaced it last year and the new one isn't anywhere near as good.
2. 20,000 leagues is a good one too, I remember that ride from when I was a kid and it was one of my favs.
3. The MK welcome show. Always made me teary eyed and I am wondering if it will come back after Tron is done, somehow I doubt it. Another way to cut costs, especially since everyone is use to not having it at the moment, be easy to just not bring it back.

beachta1

I think we need five wishes. :)

Osborne Lights, River Country and 20K Leagues are great choices. I'd throw in afternoon parades in DHS, AK and Epcot (logistics be damned!! :RpS_laugh:)
I miss the parades at those parks too! I found old pics from a trip when I was a teen and totally forgot EP had a parade. AK too! I remember a Pixar one at HS, I think they played the same music at the DL Pixar parade too. Countdown to fun is now in my head.

George

I miss the parades at those parks too! I found old pics from a trip when I was a teen and totally forgot EP had a parade. AK too! I remember a Pixar one at HS, I think they played the same music at the DL Pixar parade too. Countdown to fun is now in my head.
Before Countdown to Fun (“Five, four, three, two, ONNNNNNE!”) there was Block Party Bash. I still have one of the yellow rubber balls they used to throw to people in the crowd.