Ticket Question? Look here First!!!

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
Is it the timing on adding the option to a ticket that is confusing? Or just the analysis of whether it is worthwhile or not as compared to buying separate tickets for separate vacations?
Yep.....that is what is so confusing. It is amazing who many people think that if they are using "X" number of days on this trip then they only have to pay for the "y" days left on the ticket, etc. Then there is the whole figuring if it really will save you money and so forth. At first glance......it seems so simple but without really looking at the numbers, you could end up being one of those people who pay WAY too much because they didn't actually understand how the ticket worked and how to figure out if it will or will not be a good extra to add.

lalong21

Great thread, Brenda! I loves all your stickies, and hope more people start to utilize them first... I'm guilty of that major board sin myself, but am forcing myself to read through all the stickies first and finding yours are particularly in depth and useful!

Thanks again :)

PoTC_Junkie

Q: We know that we want to go to the Water park once but aren't sure if we will go more. Should we get the WPF&M option?
A: No. A one day pass is cheaper.
I think that it CAN be cheaper to add the WPF&M option than to pay for the one day at the water park but only if you are already adding the Park Hopper option to the base ticket price. For example, at a discounted ticket site that I have used (official and never had a problem) a 10 day park hopper ticket is 383.95 but if you get the 10 day Park Hopper+WPF&M option, it is only $404.65 so only a difference of about $21 which is way cheaper than the one day admission price.

I do have a question though - does anyone know when what year they started to do the barimetric finger thingy (yes that is the technical term :RpS_cool:) for tickets? I have some old tickets that still have "fun options on them". I think they are from 2000 and that was when the tickets were non-expiring so if you didn't use your fun options, you didn't lose them. I just don't know if they are tied to specific people. My daughter and I are going in October but debating on whether to take the old tickets and hope she can use one or just go ahead and get the WPF&M option on our tickets. We will have 12 days at WDW and so plan on using two non-major park options. (We have 4 visits on one of the old tickets and 3 visits on the other - not sure how that happened. LOL).

Also, has it been discussed anywhere about buying tickets separately and converting them to the new RFD device/band once you get there?

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
I think that it CAN be cheaper to add the WPF&M option than to pay for the one day at the water park but only if you are already adding the Park Hopper option to the base ticket price. For example, at a discounted ticket site that I have used (official and never had a problem) a 10 day park hopper ticket is 383.95 but if you get the 10 day Park Hopper+WPF&M option, it is only $404.65 so only a difference of about $21 which is way cheaper than the one day admission price.

I do have a question though - does anyone know when what year they started to do the barimetric finger thingy (yes that is the technical term :RpS_cool:) for tickets? I have some old tickets that still have "fun options on them". I think they are from 2000 and that was when the tickets were non-expiring so if you didn't use your fun options, you didn't lose them. I just don't know if they are tied to specific people. My daughter and I are going in October but debating on whether to take the old tickets and hope she can use one or just go ahead and get the WPF&M option on our tickets. We will have 12 days at WDW and so plan on using two non-major park options. (We have 4 visits on one of the old tickets and 3 visits on the other - not sure how that happened. LOL).

Also, has it been discussed anywhere about buying tickets separately and converting them to the new RFD device/band once you get there?
Thanks for the reminder that I need to update some of this information. Just last June, when Disney released the new ticket prices, they made it so that it was only about $25 more to add the WPF&M if you already have the hopper (or vice versa). It used to be that you paid the full price for each add on. So....I will need to update that information. I'll also update about the new RFID stuff. It is really new.

As for the Barimetric finger thingy.......I believe it was around 2004 or 2005 that it was changed. You might want to start a separate thread to ask that specific question. We have a few people here on the boards who will know the answer for sure but they won't look in this thread to see that you asked about it.

cped

Is it honor system on kids' ages? How do they know my 2 year old is really 2? Kids' size vary so much...

yedliw

I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer for.. If I don't add the park hopper option, can I go to MK in the morning, then go back to the hotel for an afternoon siesta (lunch.. nap.. pool time.. etc..), then go back to MK for dinner and fireworks, or is it once I leave the park, I am done for the day?

3dadknight

Yes. You can leave and return to the same park on the same day as often as you like with a base ticket without the hopper.

broncobill

If you have a 10 base ticket, add the WPF&M option, you can go into 1 of the four major parks per day, and a water park or Disney Quest in the same day?

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
If you have a 10 base ticket, add the WPF&M option, you can go into 1 of the four major parks per day, and a water park or Disney Quest in the same day?
Yes you can. Those water park and DQ visits don't count against your park days. Each visit to one of those locations counts as one entitlement. So if you go to a park, a waterpark and DQ on one day, you have used one park entry day and two extra entitlements.

quick2blush

Hi, I'm trying to confirm the cost of adding Park Hopper to a Water Park ticket. I've only been able to find the cost of adding Park Hopper to a base ticket. Is it still $60?

3dadknight

If you are talking about, for example, a 5 day park ticket with the water park, fun and more option, the cost to add Park hopping to it would be the difference between the price of a 5 day park hopping ticket with water park, fun and more, and the price of the ticket you have. Just price out the ticket you want and subtract the price for the ticket you have.

quick2blush

If you are talking about, for example, a 5 day park ticket with the water park, fun and more option, the cost to add Park hopping to it would be the difference between the price of a 5 day park hopping ticket with water park, fun and more, and the price of the ticket you have. Just price out the ticket you want and subtract the price for the ticket you have.
Thanks! Yes, sorry, was a park ticket that was water park option also. Wasn't sure if it was the $60 for park hopper or something else.

We haven't bought tickets yet, were just discussing options. Actually, I realize I asked the question backwards, but I assume the converse is true. We're going in November. Not sure if the weather will be water park weather. So we were planning on buying park tickets with park hopper and then adding water park option once there. That way we can still book advance FP+ and not waste the $ on the water park option if the weather is too cold once we arrive!

Wendy

Wake me up at the end of the meal
If I purchased park hopper tickets through UT, can those still be upgraded to the discounted DVC annual pass once we arrive?

Wendy

3dadknight

If I purchased park hopper tickets through UT, can those still be upgraded to the discounted DVC annual pass once we arrive?

Wendy
Yes. I have done exactly that on two occasions. Most recently, I did it on Sept 3, 2016. Be sure to have your DVC membership card with you.