Time estimates from MCO

henrymomof3

We will be traveling at the end of June. We are a family of 5. Our kids will be 15, 12, and 8, so we move pretty quickly. We are scheduled to land at MCO at 12:59 pm. We plan to take the Magical Express to AS Music to drop off our carry on stuff and maybe eat a late lunch. When scheduling FP+ for MK that afternoon, what would be a good starting time?

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
Factoring in the likelihood of afternoon rain/storms, I think I'd opt for evening FP's. But if you want something for the afternoon, I'd look for 4:00-5:00, and make it the ride that you wouldn't really care if you missed (flight delays, transportation delays, etc. are always a possibility).

tiggr88

prefers quisp over quake
If your room is not ready, are you going to stay at the resort until it is or give your bags to bell services and eat lunch and head to park without going to the room? Just trying to clarify what you mean by "drop off" .

henrymomof3

If your room is not ready, are you going to stay at the resort until it is or give your bags to bell services and eat lunch and head to park without going to the room? Just trying to clarify what you mean by "drop off" .
We plan to drop off stuff at bell services if our room is not ready.

D

Deleted member 832

We always make our first FP for 3 hours after landing.
Figuring 90 min to the resort then another 90 to drop stuff and get other transportation to the park. So in your case, landing at basically 1:00, my first FP would be for 2:30-3:30, but that doesn't take in to account lunch, so add another hour for that, roughly. Maybe 45 min, depends on where you plan to eat along the way.
I expect to be using that first FP at the end of it's window, by the way. If I'm early then I will fill in with something that doesn't need a FP or just stop to absorb being back at Disney.

henrymomof3

Thank you everyone! I was thinking about starting fast passes around 4:00 or 4:30. It sounds like that will work from what you all are saying. We will be back to MK 2 other days, so we are just trying to cover one part of the park.