Tom vs Josh

KathyNY

I've taken to watching these on 1.75-2x speed. The other day I forgot to change it, so when I heard it on normal speed I thought I'd actually hit the slowed down .5 speed. It felt like sloth speed from Zootopia. :LOL:

Micah008

Staff member
I've taken to watching these on 1.75-2x speed. The other day I forgot to change it, so when I heard it on normal speed I thought I'd actually hit the slowed down .5 speed. It felt like sloth speed from Zootopia. :LOL:
I listen to most podcasts at 1.3x speed, and when I hear one of them at normal speed it does seem to make them drag. One of mine I just can't handle at 1.3x because they talk so fast to begin with.

RetroCOTfan

I listen to most podcasts at 1.3x speed, and when I hear one of them at normal speed it does seem to make them drag. One of mine I just can't handle at 1.3x because they talk so fast to begin with.
I listen to pretty much everything at 1.5x, except for a couple of podcasts I listen to that do deep-dive analysis on music. Listening to music at 1.5x is...not optimal.

I wore it as a badge of honor that I used to listen to the original crew of WDW Today at 1.5 speed. Between Len & Matt, those two could easily get out about 1000 words a minute.

If anyone listens to a lot of podcasts and wants to up the speed, I highly recommend the Overcast app. It not only adjusts pitch when speeding up (so voices don't get chipmunky), it also clips silence, so there are fewer gaps if the podcaster makes frequent pauses. It's really seamless, and you can adjust up on a sliding scale to gradually acclimate to faster speeds. You can also set custom speeds for each podcast, so for really slow talkers you can bump it up even more.

Micah008

Staff member
If anyone listens to a lot of podcasts and wants to up the speed, I highly recommend the Overcast app. It not only adjusts pitch when speeding up (so voices don't get chipmunky), it also clips silence, so there are fewer gaps if the podcaster makes frequent pauses. It's really seamless, and you can adjust up on a sliding scale to gradually acclimate to faster speeds. You can also set custom speeds for each podcast, so for really slow talkers you can bump it up even more.
I use the Podcast Addict app, which has the same types of features, and I have been pretty happy with it. I have each podcast setup the speed I prefer.

geek1997

I think Tom is out of town? It sounded like there was going to be a break for a few weeks.
In Episode 10 or 11, Josh hinted heavily that Tom was doing something in April. It seemed like they were going to visit family but I'm not sure. It also seemed like something was changing but Josh may have just been playing devil's advocate.

jc9812

Not trying to stir up anything, but it looks like the WDWNT you tube channel removed the old episodes. At least from the last couple of weeks.

Last edited:

sprout

Dang! I was in the middle of episode 7 and went to finish it and they are ALL gone! :cry:

Now I'll never catch up!