Too Mean For Mass Consumption?

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
I've always had a politician's mentality. I'm better for you because the other guy is this and this and this.

It always seems to work.
Works at least for 4 years. Or 2 if you're in the Oregon House.

Micah008

I've always had a politician's mentality. I'm better for you because the other guy is this and this and this.

It always seems to work.
You can always just say: I'm better for you because my site does this and this and this. Your monthly writeups explain exactly why you think the parks will be more or less busy on each day of the week. And you have in the past taken pictures to prove out your methods. Enough said.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
There has to be some consequence for interrupting my cocoa drinking morning. I think I'll just link to this thread at the end of the post with a warning that it makes me look weak and desperate.

gorsh

Goofus D. Dawg
There has to be some consequence for interrupting my cocoa drinking morning. I think I'll just link to this thread at the end of the post with a warning that it makes me look weak and desperate.
I think that is a good balance!

bnoble

he's right
My advice, which I've offered before, and you've ignored before, is to just do what you do, find your own niche, and not take shots at "everyone else." That doesn't mean you ignore them, but it does mean you keep it simple, professional, and diffusive. In other words, be more Brandi Chastain, and less Hope Solo.

AmeliaPond

I've been really nice recently!!!!!!
I think that's why I haven't stopped by as much lately. I like snarky Josh. He's more entertaining to me since I don't really come here for planning stuff anymore (no future trips in the making.) I mean, the informative stuff is great and is the main point of this site....but for me, personally, I come for the snark. But like I said above...I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority. So I'll crawl back into my hole now.

Jenn M

I have to check in with your updates everyday, or I go through withdrawals! I love to see what you have to say and always enjoy the laugh. I never thought any of your posts were any more than a simple tease amongst friends. If someone can't take that, they have a serious problem. Keep up the great work and don't worry about anything else!

PS I would also pay for this site!!!

mousehelper

will grab your arm
Nothing confounds an adversary more than consistently taking the high road.
Sinking just makes you feel good for a second.

Pampered Mom

Don't take it personally. I've had people rant at me about my business. I took it personally and it ruined my day/weekend/snowstorm (insert cocoa sipping moment here). Others praise my business practices. It's usually the other person's problem: they're having a crappy day, someone crapped all over them, their spouse is cheating, they're in debt up to their eyeballs, yada yada yada. Just write it off as Len having a bad day or other pressures. I think him calling you on the phone goes over the line with aggression. Some of the blog posts seemed TP heavy for a while. I've never been a TP or TGM person and only go on the Dis when directed there by a good thread from here. Let's keep poking fun at CMs who ruin our day and what people wear - oh, we can't do that anymore. Geez, where's the fun? Oh, the fun is here in the forums!!!!

PS SoberJosh is a buzz kill. He only posts comments on the blog, right? I don't think he'd survive in the forums.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I think SoberJosh is some sort of stalker, though their appearance so quickly on a TouringPlans thread from several days ago makes me wonder if they're just trolling me for the fun of it instead. Which is pretty smart. I'm not sure people realize I see their IP address whenever they post (which is why I use "anonymous proxies"). Here are a few of SoberJosh's other posts:

Author : Ace

Comment:
After spending some time on you site for the last couple weeks, I cannot believe that Disney would not invite you to their press events. I am shocked!
I would even think they should invite you to speak at their annual shareholder meeting.
And maybe at the ribbon cutting at the new Grand Floridian DVC Villa's.
I mean your distaste for Disney is so deep that it has turned into Love.
You are George Castanza!

Author : zzgator fan
Comment:
Please, please, please can we see a picture of zzgator?
I am pretty sure she has captured your heart Josh and you are just being your snarky self when you say there are others. You want to keep her guessing.
Please, just a couple pictures? She must be a fox.

Author : zzgator fan
Comment:
zzgator picture please. No poop stories needed. We all have poop stories.
Don't need to hear yours.

Author : who is zzgator?
Comment:
Heather Sievers is not zzgator.
Who is zzgator?

Author : Josh III
Comment:
Yes, I do believe it is. But much of our society has become sarcastic and negative also. So what could we expect?
And of course the people who now run Disney have invited extreme cynicism by many of their misguided choices in chasing the almighty dollar.
So yes, negative, smart a**, smarmy at times, yet just another product of our failing school system and society.
The good news is that no matter what anybody does and says including so far Disney executives, Walt's magic can still be found at DisneyWorld.

Author : Josh zzgator II
Comment:
Wish I was there! Wish I could be there and see you and yell out, "HI JOSH!"
We can't wait to go again and this helps give us a taste of what awaits.
Thank you for this service.

Author : Sober Josh
Comment:
http://www.aa.org/lang/en/subpage.cfm?page=12

If any of you are having problems with your drinking, AA can help. Nothing wrong with drinking and having fun and not bothering anybody, but if you have crossed the line into being obsessed and you cannot quit or control the amount you drink, AA can help.
There is hope. Walt Disney World really does not need any other additive to be able to enjoy it. It is a natural high. Why do I need to alter my state to enjoy WDW? Or anything really.

Author : Sober Josh
Comment:
Resentment:
Re = again
Sentar= to feel
To feel anger again
Resentment
My canned response is, “Does it matter that I’m an unreliable alcoholic that hates people?”
Boy have we got a program for you.

Author : Josh Sober in Seattle
Comment:
Levon,
Thank you for your vote of confidence.
Once I got sober, I did lose most of my snarkiness and smarta**ness. So I don't think I would be a good replacement for Josh. He will one day be sober too and like me, I hope his snarkiness will be replaced with pure joy and happiness when we are on Disney property.
Josh has described himself as a bitter alcoholic and my heart goes out to him because I was also a very bitter alcoholic until I went to AA and took the 12 steps. Now, while I would be useless writing a snarky and smarmy WDW blog, I can write about how much I love Walt Disney World and how much joy it has brought me.
I completely understand that Josh's readers are not looking for that kind of writing.
I hope someday they will consider Josh's mental and spiritual health instead of their own selfish need for snarkiness.

It's all fun and games until they show up at your house with a knife, right?

AmeliaPond

Yikes...that's a bit...nuts. It's a good thing you don't post any personal information on this site...or anywhere, I imagine.

bnoble

he's right
I'm not sure people realize I see their IP address whenever they post
I've made it a habit to always post under some form of my "real name". That way, I never forget that my identity is easy to determine even if I am trying to hide it.

(And, yes, that includes proxies. You aren't as anonymous as you think---your IP address is only one way for someone to track you, and given enough visibility into either various bits of Internet infrastructure proxies don't even effectively mask IP addresses.)

AmeliaPond

Yet Len had his phone # so that personal info is available somewhere.
I'm pretty (99.9998%) sure that Len and Josh have some friends in common so it wouldn't be hard to get his number from them.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Josh probably doesn't make it a habit of posting his phone number or something like his last name online.

mousehelper

will grab your arm
Josh - Honestly, when I see two people bickering and vying and trying to outmaneuver each other, the one thing I'm fairly certain of is that they are not going to pay much attention to me. They are too busy paying attention to each other.

I feel like I'm talking about Washington, DC!