Touring Plans Redux - "BluePrints"

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I was a little worried you might burn out with all of those posts in such a short amount of time. Glad you have recuperated.

UmmGooD

despite having 1,000+ posts, does not visit the fo
I was a little worried you might burn out with all of those posts in such a short amount of time. Glad you have recuperated.
I have to leave until you had substantially more posts than I do.

guff

only person to nominate a josh picture for potd
FASTPASS attractions are already noted by being in all capital letters - i.e. TOY STORY MANIA.

There will be a blank map so that you can "create your own" plan. The whole idea of the pre-made plans is that you can just take one and it will work.

Acrobat is a lot more cumbersome than you might imagine. You seriously don't want to know how long it would take to change the dropdown menus.
I guess that's my point... Since the dropdowns are such a nightmare to change - I assume you have to change all 26 individually - you only want to do that once. If Disney decides they want to change showtimes for Playhouse Disney Live, then you have to change the showtimes in the dropdowns. Get rid of them and you'll never have to change it. As long as you are providing the information somewhere (site or pdf text), you aren't shortchanging anyone.

When all the plans are complete, you'll have four parks worth of drop downs to maintain and if you have multiple plans for each park you may need a small army of elves to update the dropdowns when something changes.

SS Disney

Hi Josh!

I'm LOVING the BluePrint.

Reasons to love: 1. Color coded map is easy to decipher even for children. Now when I'm planning with my children their expections are better managed. "No, we can't just ride TSM 5 times in a row. See it is a red building." 2. My husband and I can do our detail planning at home and then print out only the map to remind of us of what we are wanting to do. 3. Get FASTPASS and Use FASTPASS are somehow much clearer then the Fastpass verbage on the next page.

I agree that there may be some polishing to do in the rest of the document but the map itself is wonderful. The name EasyPlan or EasyMap or some other Easy fits better with your branding.

Thanks for the website and great map!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if I use easyPlans if I will turn into eP like TouringPlans is TP or even worse, EP. People will wonder, "Why would you go Epcot for touring advice?"

SS Disney

What about EasyTour. Then people will wonder why I'm getting my advice from an alien who isn't even tall enough to ride the rollercoasters.:RpS_biggrin:

ellie

waiting for a street car
I liked EasyPlans, too... but hadn't thought about the shortening to EP.

How about JoshPlans?

SS Disney

Actually I think easyPlans would work even if people do shorten it to EP. If you are targeting first time or newer WDW travelers (like me) with the plans, we don't know that EP is supposed to be Epcot. My original plans developed with no help (which were terrible by the way) used EC as shorthand for Epcot. I used this site and its verbage to help me develop my shorthand. So if easywdw says EP means easyPlans and EC or ET or EPC means Epcot that is what I'm going to believe.

However, I will not eat at the Sam's Club snack bar - even if you suggest I do.

loribell

My thoughts...it looks great! Awesome job. Somehow it makes DHS seem much smaller! As for a name & branding how about EasyBlueprint? But really Blueprint is fine. You have done a lot of hard work though and do need to somehow brand it. You should get the credit for it if "stolen".

loribell

Ok. I went back and see that you think easyBlueprint is too long so never mind on that. I just know that I am anxious to see the MK plans!

ellie

waiting for a street car
Ah, yes, I stand corrected, lower case easy... easy peasy plans... epp... no, that's no good.

guff

easyPlans sounds good - keeps easy theme and differentiates yourself from the others

guff

I didn't think of that, but it probablybwould be. Googling easyplans gets a lot of hits as well