TouringPlans.com vs Josh recommended parks

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
OK, OK, you caught me. But to be fair, he was at LEAST 19 years old. True, he didn't speak much English, so I'm not entirely sure if he knew we were in the ladies' room, but what can I say? One too many Grey Goose slushies in the France pavilion and the rules fly out the window.
Maybe in his country Ladies icons don't wear skirts.

Christie

You just won the thread. :first:

You REALLY don't want to see my foot pictures. You. Just. Don't.

Stroller for my 9 year old? YES! Keep the little brat contained and away from me in lines.

Guest Assistance cards and front of line access? Only if you're able to fake the same symptoms consistently throughout your entire vacation.

Parking at DTD to save the $15? Definitely! You're going to miss rope drop by at least 45 minutes with this plan, so you're not affecting my day in any way, so I'm all for it.

Refillable mugs? Use them only as long as they aren't leaking. I consider my "length of stay" to be my entire life, because I'm at WDW in my mind always.

Pool hopping? Don't hop, skip, or run at the pool. Didn't your momma teach you right?

Parking at Beach Club or Boardwalk to go into WS entrance. Only if you can present a valid "I'm better than you so I don't have to park with you" card.

"Stealing" electricity at counter service restaurants to recharge your phone or camera. Electricity is all around us, if you don't believe it, just pet your cat after walking on a wool carpet. Everyone knows it's not stealing when the product in question is naturally occurring on cat's fur.

Boys in the ladies room. Only if they're cute, and over 21. And aren't going number 2.

STARBUCKS. Grande Caramel Macchiato with whip please.

Marianna

"Boys in the ladies room. Only if they're cute, and over 21. And aren't going number 2."

ROTFL!!!!

Can't wait 'till Josh sees this one...:)))

claytonia

You REALLY don't want to see my foot pictures. You. Just. Don't.

Stroller for my 9 year old? YES! Keep the little brat contained and away from me in lines.

Guest Assistance cards and front of line access? Only if you're able to fake the same symptoms consistently throughout your entire vacation.

Parking at DTD to save the $15? Definitely! You're going to miss rope drop by at least 45 minutes with this plan, so you're not affecting my day in any way, so I'm all for it.

Refillable mugs? Use them only as long as they aren't leaking. I consider my "length of stay" to be my entire life, because I'm at WDW in my mind always.

Pool hopping? Don't hop, skip, or run at the pool. Didn't your momma teach you right?

Parking at Beach Club or Boardwalk to go into WS entrance. Only if you can present a valid "I'm better than you so I don't have to park with you" card.

"Stealing" electricity at counter service restaurants to recharge your phone or camera. Electricity is all around us, if you don't believe it, just pet your cat after walking on a wool carpet. Everyone knows it's not stealing when the product in question is naturally occurring on cat's fur.

Boys in the ladies room. Only if they're cute, and over 21. And aren't going number 2.

STARBUCKS. Grande Caramel Macchiato with whip please.
*STANDING OVATION*

I was also a TGM lurky-loo before I stumbled over here. Long before that even, I hung out at Intercot. And back in the late 90's, when I was a teenager, I hung out a forum whose name I can't remember that "literally" imploded over an argument about whether or not it was cool to make CRT Princess Breakfast PS reservations (as they were called in the days before ADR's) and then give them away. Or something. Anyway, I got here and couldn't believe there wasn't a 20 page long, heated argument about how somebody's VACATION WAS RUINED BECAUSE MOUSEKEEPING DIDN'T MAKE US EVEN ONE TOWEL ANIMAL AND THE POLY IS A DUMP AND WALT IS CRYING TEARS IN HEAVEN. It's so refreshing. Y'all are nice.

q-man

Only while breastfeeding it.
I'm cleaning my screen now.

Okay what is the right name/acronym for obese peoples' electric personal vehicles? We call'em Wall-Es in honor of the hover chairs the human blobs use in the movie Wall-E.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
I'm cleaning my screen now.

Okay what is the right name/acronym for obese peoples' electric personal vehicles? We call'em Wall-Es in honor of the hover chairs the human blobs use in the movie Wall-E.
Well, duh, it's OPEPV. And a skinny person's electric personal vehicle is SPEPV. An average sized person's electric personal vehicle is ASPEPV.

nklooz

*STANDING OVATION*

I was also a TGM lurky-loo before I stumbled over here. Long before that even, I hung out at Intercot. And back in the late 90's, when I was a teenager, I hung out a forum whose name I can't remember that "literally" imploded over an argument about whether or not it was cool to make CRT Princess Breakfast PS reservations (as they were called in the days before ADR's) and then give them away. Or something. Anyway, I got here and couldn't believe there wasn't a 20 page long, heated argument about how somebody's VACATION WAS RUINED BECAUSE MOUSEKEEPING DIDN'T MAKE US EVEN ONE TOWEL ANIMAL AND THE POLY IS A DUMP AND WALT IS CRYING TEARS IN HEAVEN. It's so refreshing. Y'all are nice.
Hey Claytonia, do you live in Clayton, NC. Me too :RpS_cool:

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
We call'em Wall-Es in honor of the hover chairs the human blobs use in the movie Wall-E.
I'm so stealing this.

Don't get me wrong, there's tons of people who need some mobility help and I'm really happy they have options now. On the other hand, when I see Jabba the Hut tooling around in one, it's hard not to judge (I would NEVER say anything - or even roll my eyes - but I can think bad thoughts all I want!). Wall-Es, oh yea.

claytonia

Hey Claytonia, do you live in Clayton, NC. Me too :RpS_cool:
Nope, I live in Chapel Thrill...Clayton's my middle name and what a lot of people call me. It's my great-uncle's name. I've actually never been to Clayton, just passed it on 40! Isn't that crazy? I need to go and take pictures with signs and stuff!

Not That Josh

Don't get me wrong, there's tons of people who need some mobility help and I'm really happy they have options now. On the other hand, when I see Jabba the Hut tooling around in one, it's hard not to judge (I would NEVER say anything - or even roll my eyes - but I can think bad thoughts all I want!). Wall-Es, oh yea.
Kind of a pet peeve of mine, but I'll restrain myself. It's similar with handicapped parking spots.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
We're still talking about TouringPlans.com recommended parks vs. Josh's recommendations, right?

bnoble

he's right
Don't get me wrong, there's tons of people who need some mobility help and I'm really happy they have options now.
We noticed how many fewer ECVs we saw at DLR vs. WDW. Now that I think about it, I've only seen a handful this week in Washington DC, as well, and seeing that it is both Easter Week *and* mid-Cherry Blossom, the place is *crawling* with tourists.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
We noticed how many fewer ECVs we saw at DLR vs. WDW. Now that I think about it, I've only seen a handful this week in Washington DC, as well, and seeing that it is both Easter Week *and* mid-Cherry Blossom, the place is *crawling* with tourists.
We also noticed how much healthier the average DLR guest is vs. the average WDW guest.