Updated April Calendar is online

patty57

The travel agent calendar is up and changed for April. Looks like I'm going to cancel my Crystal Palace 8:00 am breakfast on April 2nd.

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
Thanks for the notice! Not sure if I should bother looking - think I'll wait for Josh since I'm not going til mid-month.

Brandie

Will work for Dole Whips.
Can we say ugh?? Disney Hollywood Studios as well! Good grief. Lots of work to do....
Ugh. I guess now that the official calendar is out I should actually get to work. I don't have too much to complain about, though. I'm only planning for my family.

Brandie

Dang it, I wish they would have kept the water parks open until later in the PM.

I've got a pre-park ADR I need to cancel because it is no longer before RD and I'll have to reconsider my decision to hit the MK PM EMHs now that they don't get over until 3AM. Oh, and the 2nd F! added later in the night is going to have me re-thinking my F! package plans. Do I keep my 4:55 Mama's for the 7:30 F! and then hit some rides on my way out OR drop the dinner, ride until 9:15ish and head to the 10:00 F!? I'm not very excited about eating at Mama's, but it is a place to eat. We're not planning on a park the next morning, so the later HS hours will be fine.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
You'd probably want to arrive at Fantasmic no later than an hour early, even for the second show. Either Fantasmic plan would be viable though. I like the Fantasmic Dining Package on the Dining Plan, but probably prefer quick service dinner and waiting for the second Fantasmic of the night out of pocket. Mama Melrose is usually pretty good, but like many restaurants it can be hit or miss. The other problem with the second Fantasmic is that the line can really be a zoo. The second Fantasmic would be scheduled 90 minutes after the first and the second audience isn't usually let into the theater until about 50 minutes before the show starts because they have to let everyone out and then clean up. It's really up to you though. The Dining Package would make it slightly less stressful, but you run the risk of having a below-average dinner and you'll still want to show up an hour early to get decent seats in the reserved section.

I'm aware that doesn't help much.

Brandie

I like the Fantasmic Dining Package on the Dining Plan, but probably prefer quick service dinner and waiting for the second Fantasmic of the night out of pocket.

The other problem with the second Fantasmic is that the line can really be a zoo. The second Fantasmic would be scheduled 90 minutes after the first and the second audience isn't usually let into the theater until about 50 minutes before the show starts . . . The Dining Package would make it slightly less stressful, but you run the risk of having a below-average dinner and you'll still want to show up an hour early to get decent seats in the reserved section.
I agree that the F! package is a good use of DP credits. Since we're not on the DP, I'm leaning towards letting go of that dinner.

I think I'd be pleased with any seat that isn't on the extreme edge of the theater, that is at least half way up. My intention for showing up 30 minutes before the second show is to completely avoid the zoo at 50 minutes before the show. You don't think I'll be able to find something at 30 minutes before? :RpS_sad:

josh

Administrator
Staff member
30 minutes is going to be cutting it pretty close I would think. You'd certainly be safer if you arrived 45-60 minutes early. I usually recommend checking the crowds at the 60 minute mark, but crowds can be difficult to gauge if they aren't let people into the theater yet just because 2,000 people looks like a ton when they're in line, but isn't so many once they're dispersed inside the theater. I'd try to bump it up to 45 minutes early if possible. You'd most likely get seats somewhere in the theater at 30 minutes, especially if you instruct a row to squish together, but obvious space to fit four or more people will probably be in low supply.

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
When we arrived 45 minutes early for Fantasmic in January 2010 (one showing that night), I wished we had arrived 60 minutes early. I wasn't that happy with our seats - they were okay, but I wasn't willing to wait longer that day.

patty57

I'm hoping to do the 10pm Fantasmic on Thursday, March 31st. Crowded day for sure, but I'm going to take my chances and show up not earlier than 45 minutes, and probably more like 30 minutes. I would love to see it again, but if I don't get in...oh well. Josh, interested to see your updates later today...thanks for all your hard work. Brandie, thank you for not only supplying the link, but a very cool link at that!

Brandie

I'm hoping to do the 10pm Fantasmic on Thursday, March 31st. Crowded day for sure, but I'm going to take my chances and show up not earlier than 45 minutes, and probably more like 30 minutes. I would love to see it again, but if I don't get in...oh well. Josh, interested to see your updates later today...thanks for all your hard work. Brandie, thank you for not only supplying the link, but a very cool link at that!
Patty, I'd love to hear how your plan to see F! pans out. I'll be there just a week after you. And, thank you for the compliment on my snazzy link. :RpS_thumbup: