Using the word "ressie" will result in a ban from the forum

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Just a heads up. Using the word "ressie" or shortening most words with "ie" at the end will result in a permanent ban from the forum.

Thank you for your diligence.

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
I'm not so sure that's the smiley I would want associated with an abbreviation for meal. I do applaud the stance though.

Why do people use cutsie abbreviations anyway? I understand people using text-speak or mneumonics or othe such things but cutsie abbreviations? Nope. We're not 10 year olds. To me it's like wearing pigtails with ribbons along with short skirts and knee socks at my age. Oh, wait, that has a different purpose. Never mind.

3Caballeros

living life to its fullest
Personally, when I use the word "ressie" it's purely out of habit. I've not been accused of being cute for a very long time. I might as well say my goodbyes right now b/c the likelihood of me using the banned word in future posts is quite high.

ciao!

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Can we get similar ban on "veggies," or is that automatically included in the rule?

Christie

You could add a word replacement script that changes "ressies" to ADRs. Unless you're using it to weed out annoying people... :)

EDIT: On second thought, it would probably break HostGator.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I think "ish" is okay. You can also add "-y" to words that have no business having a y at the end. Like vegetable-y.

M

Merida

Uh-oh, maybe I should start to go by my real name, Katherine, then, instead of the shorter cutesier name that I use which ends in -ie. LOL

Seriously, I don't think I use "ressie" but the one that really does bother me is "sammy/sammie" instead of sandwich.

Strangeite

Sorry, U aren't hip 2 d powR of how modern lngwij iz evolving 2 embrace d fst paced lifestyle of d 21st centRe.

3Caballeros

living life to its fullest
I feel like I'm back in the high school cafeteria where the "cool kids" sat at the lunch table and declared that words such as "awesome" and "like" should be used every third sentence.

LizD

Netflix queue currently at 3,912 - all Disney rela
I had to take a mental catalog of the words I use...I think I'm good. Well, good-ish. ;)

M

Merida

So... we're no longer allowed to ask for helpsie with anything then either? ;)

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
And while we're at it, what's all this hoo-haa about adding hashtags to thoughts that are typed in places that don't recognize hashtags?

#willanyoneevensearchforthis?!

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
You could add a word replacement script that changes "ressies" to ADRs. Unless you're using it to weed out annoying people... :)

EDIT: On second thought, it would probably break HostGator.
Or something really obnoxious like turning the word "locker" into "fluffy fluffy bunnies full of medicine and goo". Not that any theme park forum would ever do anything as dumb as that.

But yeah, I agree, I'll bet messing with scripts is probably a sure way to get your account permanently broken on Host Gator.

I hope this rule isn't retroactive. If it is, I'm going to have to re-arrange my schedule today and search all my posts to winnow out any offensive "ie" terms I may have used. Oh, who am I kidding, I don't have a schedule to re-arrange. If you want me, I'll be here on the sofa, eating bon-bons and watching daytime tv.