Vero Beach Resort

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Here I am doing the "has anyone done this" thread.

But.

Has anyone been to Vero Beach? How was it? Tips? '

I am headed there in a few weeks I think.

TiggerGirl

i haven't been but friends go every year and they LOVE it - but I don't think I would love it because the reason they love it is there's nothing to do - literally. so they just relax. I'd be bored in about 5 hours.

but they do have the turtles hatching on the beach thing happening there so make sure to check if that happens when you're there!

pixarprincess

We have friends who live down that way and "staycation" there often and LOVE it. I agree that its more a relax, slow pace vacation. Thats what they are looking for so, I think the relaxation has to appeal to you.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I am not really a beach person, but I'm trying to convince myself that I can drink and play Ticket to Ride on my phone just as well out there on the sand as inside on my couch.

pixarprincess

I am not really a beach person, but I'm trying to convince myself that I can drink and play Ticket to Ride on my phone just as well out there on the sand as inside on my couch.
you totally can and with a beautiful view. I will ask them if they have any tips or non beach related musts.

pixarprincess

looks like they have minigolf! that should be fun. advice I was sent back was if you plan on being out early or evenings on the beach you want bug repellent for the sand flies.

MMDisney

There is definetly something more magical about a drink in hand on the beach than on the Couch inside.. I have a hard time with East facing beaches. There is something wrong with seeing the sun rise not set over the water

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I was looking at dining and there were some comparing Sonya's (signature dining at Vero) to Victoria & Albert's. And I was like "uh oh is this dinner going to cost me $800." Sonya's price with wine is $45.

TiggerGirl

There is definetly something more magical about a drink in hand on the beach than on the Couch inside.. I have a hard time with East facing beaches. There is something wrong with seeing the sun rise not set over the water
yeah well :RpS_flapper:

I live on the East Coast and your sunset beaches are WRONG lol

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
We've been to VB 3-4 times. It's a few miles north of the town of VB.

Suggestions:

1. Stop at Publix at the corner of 510/512, which is on the way to the resort, just off of 95.
2. The resort has three places to eat--Bleachers (adjacent to the pool) is snacks/sandwiches/beverages; Shutters (casual sit-down, we've always had good meals there); Sonya's (good but has never wowed me, not quite on par with the WDW signature restaurants).
3. Dining outside the resort--Orchid Island Pizza (decent, nothing special); Woody's BBQ, Sebastian (solid BBQ, good prices, our favorite offsite restaurant); Ocean Grill in VB (I don't get the love for this place, the menu and room are a time warp to the 1970's).
4. The Green Cabin Room, upstairs from the lobby, is a fine place for a beverage or seven.
5. Water slide races!!
6. Mini golf, 9 holes next to the pool, great deal for DVC members--$5 for unlimited play.

I'm pretty sure the turtle nesting season is over; if not over, getting close to the end. The resort is very turtle-conscious, so they ask that you keep the room window shades down at night; lighting along the main walkway is down close to ground level so the resort doesn't project any light out toward the ocean.

If you want to do something cool, do the kayak tour.

Tell Barbi I said hi. She's the best CM I've ever met.

stevenmilz

josh's date at akershus
Our vacations were always on the Gulf Coast on the FL panhandle. Beach faces South. Both of your sunsets are wrong. :)
I live on the FL gulf coast and get to see both sunrise and sunset over the water (depending on where you are at). Like this:

11917782_10153563578904487_576055449336227299_n.jpg

MMDisney

Ok I get the south facing gets sun all day long that is great, There is just nothing better than that last tip of the Sun hitting the Water dead on. You need to face West for the full on sunset sorry..