Very Merriest After Hours Pricing

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
The Walt Disney Company is counting on people not making that comparison. "We're at Disney at there's a party. Wooooo! Let's do it!"
This circles back to my balloon vs. four Happy Hour drinks example.

Abbyar

My kids are teens/20s and late nighters, and we still skipped. We did eat at BOG at 7:50, so we walked out with people lined up for the Christmas parade. Based on the family photo quality though (see my other post) I’d be absolutely furious if I paid $1200+ for that.

Just got back on Thanksgiving day. We did the After Hours party twice, and I have no regrets. We had a great time. I really wish the event cost less, but we got much more out of the after hours events than we did out of our regular ticket days, especially with the Genie+ issues we encountered. My daughter sometimes gets anxious in crowds, so it was worth it to be out of the crowds and have short waits for four hours, and we enjoyed the entertainment. What I do have some regrets about is the amount we paid for Wilderness Lodge. It is my favorite resort, and we had a great stay there and encountered wonderful cast members, but we will likely stay elsewhere next time. That nightly rate is just too much.

Anne

Just got back on Thanksgiving day. We did the After Hours party twice, and I have no regrets. We had a great time. I really wish the event cost less, but we got much more out of the after hours events than we did out of our regular ticket days, especially with the Genie+ issues we encountered. My daughter sometimes gets anxious in crowds, so it was worth it to be out of the crowds and have short waits for four hours, and we enjoyed the entertainment. What I do have some regrets about is the amount we paid for Wilderness Lodge. It is my favorite resort, and we had a great stay there and encountered wonderful cast members, but we will likely stay elsewhere next time. That nightly rate is just too much.
Glad to hear you had a good trip! How did you feel the party compared to the free evening EMH for deluxe resort stays, in terms of crowds?

Unfortunately, we didn't get to do the MK EMH due to poor planning/an error on my part. If we had that, I probably would have only done one after hours event. We did do the Epcot EMH, and it was amazing. We arrived at Epcot in the late afternoon, toured World Showcase, and saved most of our rides for EMH. We were literally the only people on Spaceship Earth and Nemo. It was weird but wonderful. Walked right onto Soarin'. Had about a 10-15 minute wait for Frozen. I plan to make use of deluxe EMH on our next trip but will likely try Swan/Dolphin to save a bit of money since we are planning to go around the holidays again next year.