VGF info

KtMcObs

I hadn't been over to DVC News for a week or two, so I checked in this morning and voila! There's three new articles about the Villas at the Grand Floridian. One is about the point allocation, the other is about the villas (the Grand Villa has 4 bedrooms) and layouts, and the an article about the option to purchase a fixed week at VGF. Interesting stuff.

points chart preview

floor plan layouts

fixed week

KtMcObs

You mean current BLT prices? You think so? I think the limited inventory is going to drive VGF prices up. I don't think they will have many takers on the fixed week option, though. Time will tell.

MichaelColey

I don't think they will have many takers on the fixed week option, though. Time will tell.
I bet they will for Week 51 and Week 52. Those fixed weeks will probably all be sold within days of being offered. Other holiday weeks will likely follow.

KtMcObs

I know it's "only" a 10% premium for the the fixed week, but a 10% premium on premium weeks, ugh, I don't even want to think about how much that would cost!! Probably as much as a house!!

bnoble

he's right
Other holiday weeks will likely follow.
Unless they are sold as event weeks, maybe not. They all float through the calendar---even President's Week, which is usually 7 but sometimes 8.

But, yes, I would expect that particularly Week 52 would be a good seller. And, pricey.

Micah008

At least they are limiting the fixed week to only 35% so others can't be completely blocked out. Either way I would never be there for week 52 anyway.

I am curious to see how the point allocation works out between different room types. You have to assume they will have a "theme park view" and then some other "standard view" (monorail view?)