WDW closing

beachta1

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/media/disney-world-close-coronavirus/index.html

Anyone know what the refund policy would be for a class trip?
I would assume they are handling cancelations the same, whether a group or individual booking. I have a client who was planning to leave for their honeymoon later this month that is rebooking for May. It stinks but I want everyone to be safe and healthy.
I would think the cancellation policy would be dependent on the contract between the provider(s) and the group.

beachta1

I would think the cancellation policy would be dependent on the contract between the provider(s) and the group.
You are probably right. Although this is new territory for Disney so who knows. A call is in order for sure.

George

You are probably right. Although this is new territory for Disney so who knows. A call is in order for sure.
A class trip is likely planned by a third-party provider, so Disney might not even be involved in the decision.

mgarbowski

I was skimming over at the DIS and someone had the same predicament. The consensus was the same as people here are suggesting -- it is dependent on the trip organizer, with a possibility that no refunds would be forthcoming. That said, the experiences people were relating from the past were under very different conditions. With all the accommodations Disney is making trip operators who normally don't offer refunds might be better able to do so now.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
The current plan is to try to reschedule the trip. Not knowing when the parks will reopen (I don't think 4/1 will happen, just a hunch) will make this tough.

We already have a plan B in the works. If the class trip is cancelled, DD will bring three besties when we go in August.

BoSoxGal

I just booked our FP for May this morning. It felt weird but figured I might as well. Given everything we’ll likely end up having to reschedule. We don’t really have another time in mind so I’m just riding it out. I can’t believe any of this is happening.

George

I just booked our FP for May this morning. It felt weird but figured I might as well. Given everything we’ll likely end up having to reschedule. We don’t really have another time in mind so I’m just riding it out. I can’t believe any of this is happening.
The CDC just recommended no public gatherings of more than 50 people for EIGHT WEEKS! That would be around May 15 or so. Who knows how this whole thing is going to shake out.

Anne

Has anyone heard if the Cirque show is closing? I REALLY hope so. When I called I was told no refunds and no changes to our tickets next weekend unless the show is cancelled. Disney is not managing any of the ticketing for the show, it's all through Cirque directly.

BoSoxGal

The CDC just recommended no public gatherings of more than 50 people for EIGHT WEEKS! That would be around May 15 or so. Who knows how this whole thing is going to shake out.
Exactly! One day at a time! I just want people to be smart and safe.