WDW's 50th Anniversary: October 1, 2021

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
I'm at the eleven-month DVC mark for making plans for the 50th Anniversary week. I have so many banked points from canceled COVID-era stays that I decided to go all out and book (right now walking) a Grand Villa reservation at BLT, even though there will only be five of us; we'll have plenty of room to stretch out. Since I was a kid in 1973 during my first visit, I've loved everything CR, so a BLT purchase was a natural for me; it was That Cool Modern Resort That The Monorail Went Through. Now that I'm 48 years older, and have the means and wherewithal, I'm going to go all out. I just hope we're back to a better semblance of safety by then. Our week will straddle the actual anniversary day, which lands on Friday. I'm planning on general madness during that weekend (and perhaps before), so will plan accordingly.

Is anyone else planning on going?

Alcachofa

Living the dream! I have similar feelings toward the CR. And the first time I took my kids to WDW we stayed at BLT.

I recall seeing various inquiries on this site about when the 50th anniversary festivities would begin. Some thought it might start in January, others in the Spring, very few said right on Oct 1, 2021. I think given what has happened over the last 7/8 months, we can safely assume there will be NO start to the 50th Anniversary festivities until Oct 1. No way will they start before then.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Living the dream! I have similar feelings toward the CR. And the first time I took my kids to WDW we stayed at BLT.

I recall seeing various inquiries on this site about when the 50th anniversary festivities would begin. Some thought it might start in January, others in the Spring, very few said right on Oct 1, 2021. I think given what has happened over the last 7/8 months, we can safely assume there will be NO start to the 50th Anniversary festivities until Oct 1. No way will they start before then.
I'm sure there'll be plenty of merchandi$e released before then! :p

Strangeite

I hadn’t occurred to me we are nearing the 11 month mark but it should have.

That is also my birthday, so it’s always special to be there on one of the anniversaries. I really tempted to book something and then trying to float the idea to my wife. Maybe an adults only trip?

BoSoxGal

My birthday is also October and October 83 was my first visit - very special time for me too! We have been playing the push back game with our reservations. Right now we have beach club booked for May. Given how things are going I feel like it’s still wishful thinking. The anniversary would be an awesome time to go! Hmm indeed!

mehor

I just purchased our tickets & reserved parks for the 50th weekend. For no other reason than to be part of the magic. We let our APs lapse 3/1/2020 thinking we would just buy again in 2021-22. Never would have imagined a day would come where Disney wouldn't take my money for a new AP!!!

Our original thought was to rent DVC points and stay at BLT but with COVID, I'm hesitant to prepay for a vacation. Plus, the going rate for points is $6 more than the last time I rented. Having said that, my placeholder room only at All Star Movies is $211/ night- not exactly a bargain and not a resort that's on my bucket list.