What do you do with unused Disney GC Balance?

BDUB32

We were at DLR earlier in the month, and since I bought tickets off site, and our hotel and flight were on credit card points, my gift card "hoarding" up to the trip this time was only to be used for in-park purchases.

Unfortunately (?) we didn't spend through our whole balance as we skipped a couple of meals I thought we'd have in-park.

What do you do with unused Disney GC balances other than hold on for next time around?

Thanks,

BB

cdmurphy727

Save it or use it online for christmas gifts. If it's substantial you could sell it to one of those online gift card resale places and get part of it back - like cardpool.com - there are several of them.

Spend it at shopDisney. They have quite the sale going on right now. I did an order earlier in the month and saved over fifty dollars on swimwear alone. And I am now the proud owner of a Belle light-up wand!

splinteroh

Somehow, I just cannot image having this problem.... :RpS_lol: Then again, I like the shops at Epcot WAY too much for that to ever happen. Christmas gifts is a good idea.

BDUB32

Somehow, I just cannot image having this problem....
To be honest, I was quite shocked that this was the outcome. As a "planner," I sort of under-hoarded thinking better than having some left over. DLR much different than WDW, so I guess some of the meals I assumed in-park ended up being in-room or in "good neighbor" restaurants.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm sure Mrs. BDUB32 can burn through it on ShopDisney.com, but the sale certainly helps!

:RpS_biggrin:

BB

AngiTN

I keep them for the next trip. But I don't ever shop at ShopDisney.com, as strange as that sounds. I get my fill of Disney merch at the parks. But there's always another trip planned.