What happens to a FP when a ride closes?

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
You’ll get that FP slot back. I’d grab one while they’re still available.

hizouse

Disney may replace it with a substitute, which may or may not be eligible for multiple attractions. If you are willing to spend some time on the phone or guest services, you might get an extra one as well for the inconvenience.

buistk

Disney may replace it with a substitute, which may or may not be eligible for multiple attractions. If you are willing to spend some time on the phone or guest services, you might get an extra one as well for the inconvenience.
That’d be alright! Good to know. I wasn’t sure if I should book it knowing it would likely be closed but sounds like it’s a win win either way.

D

Deleted member 832

We had a Movie Ride FP when it closed.
It was replaced with an anytime FP that worked on any ride in all 4 parks, even FoP. It's the only replacement FP that I've seen work on all the rides.
Usually they replace it with something random though.
Has the date of the closure been announced?

buistk

We had a Movie Ride FP when it closed.
It was replaced with an anytime FP that worked on any ride in all 4 parks, even FoP. It's the only replacement FP that I've seen work on all the rides.
Usually they replace it with something random though.
Has the date of the closure been announced?
Wow! That worked out well for you!! No, the date hasn’t been announced. If they still have announced by the time I book FPs I’m going to book it and see what happens. Thanks everyone!