When does a FP for a show expire?

AmyM

I booked a 3rd throwaway FP+ for The Little Mermaid. MDE says to arrive between 9:40-9:55 am. Without scanning our magic bands, when will that FP+ "expire" and allow me to try to book a 4th?

amk3

There have been a number of reports FP's aren't expiring when you don't scan and instead prompting a re-book for a Tier 2 attraction. It sounds like they should be expiring, and if it happens to you a CM can fix it, but you're better off scanning if possible.

Micah008

Staff member
There have been a number of reports FP's aren't expiring when you don't scan and instead prompting a re-book for a Tier 2 attraction. It sounds like they should be expiring, and if it happens to you a CM can fix it, but you're better off scanning if possible.
From my experience this last few weeks, the app still shows the skipped FP for the rest of the day, and if you try to modify it you are indeed limited to only a Tier 2. But, if you just go in and try to create a new FP it works great (including Tier 1). I think the only real change here is that they don't look like they "drop off" in the app, but you can still book any 4th you want like in the past, including Tier 1 and including at a different park.