Where is off2neverland?

F

fizboBunny

Thanks for clarifying George. I couldn't remember exactly and had no signature to verify.

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
:deadhorse: Isn't it about time we let this thing pass?
People who aren't on this site frequently are going to continue to come on and wonder what happened to some of the formerly frequent posters who were unbelievably helpful. Expect to see it come back again and again. This is something they're not aware of so they naturally want to know where they are. It is not a dead horse for those who are just finding out.

magic1106

May be computer illiterate, but I figured out how
And to anyone interested; Brenda has updated her trip report, so check it out!

ernierich

People who aren't on this site frequently are going to continue to come on and wonder what happened to some of the formerly frequent posters who were unbelievably helpful. Expect to see it come back again and again.
This is exactly why I asked the question in the first place. I had no intention of stirring the pot, rehashing drama or flogging dead horses. Apologies if anyone has read it that way.

F

fizboBunny

This is exactly why I asked the question in the first place. I had no intention of stirring the pot, rehashing drama or flogging dead horses. Apologies if anyone has read it that way.
No need to apologize. It took me over a week to realize what had happened. I figured it out by looking at Pam's latest posts.

gorsh

Goofus D. Dawg
You have nothing to apologize for ernierich. Trudy made an excellent point; it won't be surprising if the question is asked again especially considering many people, not nessisarily regular posters, originally came to these forums specifically for Christine's advice-she brought a lot of people over here. The flogging horse emoticon really doesn't apply to this thread.

Marianna

Well, it makes me sad and uncomfortable to see that thread brought up in response to "what happened to...". There is most likely a lot more to the story than what was posted, and clearly some real misunderstanding. I for one know I'm only seeing a part of it. I sure wish we could just respond that there was a difference of opinion, some hurt feelings and the ladies took their departure, because, really what was posted is just too up for interpretation.

F

fizboBunny

Did you continue reading in that thread? Those that left said their side of the story.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
If you think I'm stupid enough to read people's private messages without their permission, then use the information gleaned from that reading to remove two prolific users with the highest post counts on this forum as moderators, and then tell them in writing that I used said information to make my decision, then you should probably click "log out" and never return.

ellie

waiting for a street car
Josh, I don't see why you're so defensive here? I don't think anyone said anything negative about you on this thread. What folk may think about what happened ... well, I can't speak for that. In an earlier thread (non-Chat) you yourself mentioned that the 'discussion' went on for several pages. I'm not sure if you're responding to fizboBunny... I certainly hope not.

I think it's true that infrequent readers who used to get lots of help from Christine are going to be logging on and wondering why she's not around any more. Not everyone reads the Chat threads... I don't regularly and I do read a lot of the other forums here.

As someone who falls somewhere between infrequent poster and lurker, I just want to add a bit of the "new person" perspective without (hopefully) sparking new debate. I found the members who have left (not to fall into "You know who" references for fear of sparking an even more intense Universal vs. Disney debate) incredibly responsive and helpful. I learned a tremendous amount from them and am deeply appreciative. I was also a bit intimidated when they would reprimand a new poster for not adhering to proper itinerary posting format. To their credit they still tried to help out and they were replying to ten of those posts a day. But from a newbie to relative newbie perspective, it still felt like being yelled at. To be honest, that did keep me from posting at times either questions (for fear of being called out) or answers (since I always felt they were more knowledgable). I am deeply grateful for what that they added to the community, but I also can appreciate what led to their departure. Not trying to judge, just my two cents.

annie g

I feel like when your on this site as much as some of us are its kind of like a family. With any family there are disagreements. People have feelings and they can get hurt. Hopefully they will come back and post. From what I'm reading Josh just made the choice to moderate his self. He was very nice to allow signatures including their contact info. Misunderstandings happen. Hopefully in time they will come back to this wonderful forum Josh has provided.

Rowan

I agree that people who are not frequent to the boards are going to pop in and ask from time to time. But folks, this is not healthy for the boards. The he said, she said thing doesn't really get anywhere. There are 3 sides to every disagreement. Perception 1 , perception 2 and the truth.(or often more perception when others get involved.
Out of respect for the site's founder, we should be working together to lesson this drama moving forward. If not for that reason, then because we love these forums and don't want them to turn into a pit off negativity, we should be encouraging to others and not speculate or pick a side.

Sure, one of the missing ladies I will miss. Another one, I also felt was sometimes snippy to non regulars it seemed. Does me saying that help the boards move forward? No. Does it make others question who , what ,why? Yes. And honestly, what good does that do?
If you don't know the truth of the entire situation, retelling what you do know won't help. If someone does know everything, for sure, first hand, not what they've gathered by reading both sides, then still they should consider "will taking about this improve these boards for the newcomers".

I agree wholeheartedly with Marianna. It's time to respond with," she's taking some time away", "a difference of opinion resulted in a few changes" "they mentioned they needed some time to step back" "some feelings were hurt and they are less involved atm".

I look at this site as Josh's. We are here by his grace really, he doesn't have to do all this at no charge to us. He could tell us to go get a lines app and read boards at the dis. We appreciate what he does though, so let's be respectful, help keep his project a happy place and if you do disagree with something, take it up with him personally if you feel the need. He's always responded to any PM I've sent him. I'm not saying worship the man, I'm just saying I feel bad reading people questioning his actions or decisions.
Think positive people.:RpS_thumbsup:

ellie

waiting for a street car
Last edited:

Rowan

Yes, it does seem reasonable, but for how long? While it was fresh and ongoing, it makes sense to direct people there instead of starting a new thread about it. But if we still create a new two page thread here about how it saddens people each time the question comes up, we aren't moving forward. I'm not blaming anyone for bringing it out, I'm just saying- Why not minimize that going forward if we can? You all can do as you please of course, it's just my opinion on the matter.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
This thread is the first I'd heard about it. It's a shame for all parties involved, but this kind of thing is inevitable when a forum or site grows in popularity.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Yes, it does seem reasonable, but for how long? While it was fresh and ongoing, it makes sense to direct people there instead of starting a new thread about it. But if we still create a new two page thread here about how it saddens people each time the question comes up, we aren't moving forward. I'm not blaming anyone for bringing it out, I'm just saying- Why not minimize that going forward if we can? You all can do as you please of course, it's just my opinion on the matter.
Well, as Trudy said, it's new to people who are just finding out. So let them express their regret. You don't have to reply, of course, if you feel so strongly about not fanning the flames.