Where is off2neverland?

nolarookie

Ok, let's analyze the word "free." Looking at all the info on this website is free. The reviews, the crowd calendars, the cheat sheets. All of it. This is atypical and we all know this.

Christine, aka offtoneverland, has a touring plan business. If you want her assistance in planning your days at WDW by all means contact her. I believe, based on posts i've read, that as a moderator, she was permitted to include her business contact info to the exclusion of other forum members who may be travel agents or whatever. She was certainly helpful, and helped me with planning. I'm sure helping folks on this forum was really helpful for her business too.

Josh, I'm a big a fan. I love your free website. I would pay for a membership. Your advice is head and shoulders above other touring sites, and I refer everyone I know who is planning a trip to WDW to this site. I've tried to ignore all this drama, but I've been a member here for a pretty long time. This site has meant a lot to me since I've planned my last few family vacations here.

ellie

waiting for a street car
I've been a member since Feb 2011. I don't love the drama. I also think this site has great information, enjoy the blog posts, and think the detailed calendar information and cheat sheets are wonderful.

Josh does an amazing job. I don't see a reason to downgrade what others did and add though. That shouldn't detract anything from Josh.

Edited to change great job to amazing job. I really think this site is the best planning site overall between Josh and the forum members.

Edited to add not quite as good as it was but still the best.

Marianna

Ellie, just for clarity:

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
Iwas jut going to copy/paste from Allears or something.

(and her reply)
Who said I didn't do that?
No actually there a few acronyms list out there- I copied, edited and now we are making it our own.

nolarookie

I'm not trying to detract from the contributions of other forum members. If I had a touring plan business, I would totally give people free advice to drum up business.

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
From the thread Josh just posted....
Thanks a lot for putting this together. I was jut going to copy/paste from Allears or something.
Why would you take credit for something you previously thanked somebody else for doing?
I am so boggled by this discussion. People are basically accusing anybody who just says they miss Christine of being negative, taking sides, and even calling Josh a liar when the only negativity or hostility has been against anybody who has anything positive to say about those who left. Then Josh says anybody who thinks he's a liar should just leave but since nobody in this thread has (other than me just now SHOWING a lie) I have to conclude that really people like me who have anything nice to say about Christine are not welcome. I guess that's my cue to step away. I may pop back in from time to time to say hi to some people I feel I've gotten to know but I really need to step away for a while.

One request before I go. Please remove the sticky containing information that I personally wrote about dealing with special needs. Since I won't be around to maintain it and things change so often, I don't want people getting wrong information. For those with special needs, wrong information is worse than no information. Even now it needs some tweaking and is a bit out of date and this will only get worse. If you're having trouble finding the sticky in question, it's the one on the touring plans board that had my name in the title.

Thank you for having provided this site in which I made some good friends and where I enjoyed talking about a shared passion with like-minded people. Good luck with your book and I hope you continue to do well.

ellie

waiting for a street car
I am so boggled by this discussion. People are basically accusing anybody who just says they miss Christine of being negative, taking sides, and even calling Josh a liar when the only negativity or hostility has been against anybody who has anything positive to say about those who left.
Much better said than I could have.

M

Merida

Why would you take credit for something you previously thanked somebody else for doing?
I am so boggled by this discussion. People are basically accusing anybody who just says they miss Christine of being negative, taking sides, and even calling Josh a liar when the only negativity or hostility has been against anybody who has anything positive to say about those who left. Then Josh says anybody who thinks he's a liar should just leave but since nobody in this thread has (other than me just now SHOWING a lie) I have to conclude that really people like me who have anything nice to say about Christine are not welcome. I guess that's my cue to step away. I may pop back in from time to time to say hi to some people I feel I've gotten to know but I really need to step away for a while.

Thank you for having provided this site in which I made some good friends and where I enjoyed talking about a shared passion with like-minded people. Good luck with your book and I hope you continue to do well.
Thank you for saying this so wonderfully, because I feel the same. Since I cannot think of a single negative thing to say about the ladies who left, it makes me feel very unwelcome here, as well.

I would also like to thank Josh for this site, since I really enjoyed my time here, and I also wish him well.

Nia

I am the only one boggled the other way around?

It’s like situation if I see my husband’s phone with a message to another woman with love comments or ranting about me and then saying I betrayed him for looking at the phone???

The wording of the published comments read very bullish and not acceptable from grown women that are supposed to be pillar of this site. If they had some issues with Josh they should talk to him as grown adults – not go into name calling behind his back.

Information you publish on forums, is not owned by you anymore. It is disruptive to the integrity of the forum to randomly delete information. You may feel it’s yours and it may feel unfair – but it belongs to the forum users and the owner. I would expect when there is personal information as trip report with picture of kids or other identifiable information Josh should oblige requests for deletion to protect the privacy of the poster. Post as acronym list – I am sorry but why would the forum have to lose it? If you don’t want a public forum to own it and use it don’t share it with us!

Taking credit for publicly available acronym list that is all over the internet and it takes very little time to “create”? Come on – who cares about the acronym list. With the amount of publicly available free touring plans and advise this site provides – it wouldn’t cross my mind to look at the acronym list for over 5 seconds.

Last edited:

Rowan

The point I was trying to make was not that no one should say anything nice about the ladies, but that it is time for this to pass without a multi page discussion every time someone asks a question. Why? Because it creates drama and most people don't really really love drama. The drama is what is not positive, as is the comments that the site well never be the same. Self fulfilling prophecy will start taking place.

stevenmilz

josh's date at akershus
Oh for heaven's sake people - what is with all the drama going on here? This is a site/forum about DISNEY WORLD, remember? The "happiest place on earth" remember? What's with all of you and your "we liked Christine and you don't so I have to leave too" attitudes? Aren't we all grown-ups here? (OK, big kids at heart) Imagine if this were about drama with your kids and their friends. "Mom, Mary likes Sally better than me so I'm not going to be friends with her anymore and I don't want to play Barbies with her anymore". C'mon folks, grow up. If there was something that went on between Josh and some of the forum veterans, that's their business. Don't get sucked into someone else's drama.

"Alien" is right about content of what you post on the forum. It doesn't appear that there is a cut-and-dried answer to copyright of a forum post, but the general legal consensus is that posts become copyright material of the forum owner. In fact, even if an end-user asks the forum owner to remove a post they are not legally bound to do so. As an IT guy, the fact that someone came into Josh's forum and started deleting material, whether they believed it was "theirs" or not, was pretty malicious.

josh

Administrator
Staff member

One request before I go. Please remove the sticky containing information that I personally wrote about dealing with special needs. Since I won't be around to maintain it and things change so often, I don't want people getting wrong information. For those with special needs, wrong information is worse than no information. Even now it needs some tweaking and is a bit out of date and this will only get worse. If you're having trouble finding the sticky in question, it's the one on the touring plans board that had my name in the title.

Ellie, just for clarity:

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
I was jut going to copy/paste from Allears or something.

(and her reply)
Who said I didn't do that?
No actually there a few acronyms list out there- I copied, edited and now we are making it our own.
Most people don't really really love drama.
Everybody loves drama. The fact that we're arguing about who has ownership over a copy/pasted acronym list is proof positive, not to mention the fact this thread has 10x more views than just about anything else in just a couple days.

I'll keep this thread open until the end of the day - if you want to get a last word in - by all means.

BeckyW

I have to agree with Steve, Rowan and others. I hated to see this brought up again, fearing it would turn in to exactly what it's turned into. And I hate to see people leaving over something like this, which honestly seems more and more like misunderstanding than anything. I honestly think Josh has been replying with pretty clear details and explanations about what he is doing and why, and was pretty gracious when the whole thing went down in the first place. You don't have to be on one side or the other, I miss the ladies that have gone, and will miss many of you who have decided to go as well, but I certainly am not leaving. Like Steve said, this is a DISNEY forum, let's just enjoy each other's knowledge and help and move on from this please. :)

ETA: was posting at the same time as Josh^, sorry

moscow

To return to our regularly scheduled programming . . . again. So Josh in another thread you mentioned that things are expected to start getting much busier next week. In general terms, is the difference between crowd level 8 and 9 that great? I ask only because even though we go to WDW several times a year we have never been in summer and I am completely unfamiliar with heavier crowds.

safroim

Thank you for saying this so wonderfully, because I feel the same. Since I cannot think of a single negative thing to say about the ladies who left, it makes me feel very unwelcome here, as well.

I would also like to thank Josh for this site, since I really enjoyed my time here, and I also wish him well.
Who is saying you have to say anything negative about them? We understand you miss them, they provided lots of great info., yes. But it's done and over. It's the people that we're not directly involved that keep on dragging it out. Some members decided to leave, Josh is over it. If they've let it go, why can't everyone else?

josh

Administrator
Staff member
To return to our regularly scheduled programming . . . again. So Josh in another thread you mentioned that things are expected to start getting much busier next week. In general terms, is the difference between crowd level 8 and 9 that great? I ask only because even though we go to WDW several times a year we have never been in summer and I am completely unfamiliar with heavier crowds.
The summer is a different beast all together and it can be difficult to capture exactly what that "feels" like. There is no cause for alarm - your mornings will run the same as they would at any other time of year, but afternoons are going to swamped. It's much more important to get in and get out. Late nights are very good also, particularly at Magic Kingdom. Disney expected South American to have the same impact as previous years and even went so far as hiring more than twice as many "super greeters" that speak Portuguese, but things haven't been "bad" yet.

Shazamm

I have to agree with Steve, Rowan and others. I hated to see this brought up again, fearing it would turn in to exactly what it's turned into. And I hate to see people leaving over something like this, which honestly seems more and more like misunderstanding than anything. I honestly think Josh has been replying with pretty clear details and explanations about what he is doing and why, and was pretty gracious when the whole thing went down in the first place. You don't have to be on one side or the other, I miss the ladies that have gone, and will miss many of you who have decided to go as well, but I certainly am not leaving. Like Steve said, this is a DISNEY forum, let's just enjoy each other's knowledge and help and move on from this please. :)

ETA: was posting at the same time as Josh^, sorry
Well said.