Where is off2neverland?

BE_Julz

It's just like your favourite book-series (Harry potter -ahum-). You'll be sad when secondary characters die (Sirius Black, Hedwig, Dobby) but the story goes on as long the main character lives. And you keep reading. Secondary characters make books more fun but in most cases they're not the real reason you're reading.

The DIS-boards could be Voldemort and his Death Eaters here... But that's just a suggestion ;-)

Marianna

Well...I don't love drama but I will admit I got sucked into this vortex. *laughing* You got me. I really was trying to add something of benefit here, but maybe there is no fixing this and really, it's not my fight.

I think I'll just go back to reading the park threads and participating on that level. The "Social" side may not be my thing.

Shazamm

I tried to delete my last post, not because I don't agree but I think it needs to rest and get back to what we all came her for: Disney planning.

Boski

Not sure if this is bad form but reading this thread is like watching that seen in Jerry Maguire (or Half Baked).........don't worry.....don't worry, I'm not gonna do what you all think I'm gonna do and just FLIP OUT! All I want to know is whos coming with me?

Not That Josh

Disney expected South American to have the same impact as previous years and even went so far as hiring more than twice as many "super greeters" that speak Portuguese, but things haven't been "bad" yet.
I wonder if a number of Brazilians stayed home because of the World Cup. I didn't think the World Cup would have much impact at WDW, but maybe enough people wanted to stay home to experience it.

Or, worst case scenario: they just delayed their trips until later in the summer and they will all be coming at the same time.

ellie

waiting for a street car
Sure, why not, I'll post before the thread is closed. I'm not a great writer, being a software person.

Steve, as you pointed out, this is a Disney forum and not a project of defense database that we've been employed to work on. We're talking about someone editing/deleting information from their own (created) posts, not anyone elses. I can understand the feeling prompted by the bad situation which would result in such an action to remove that information.

I don't think it would be malicious of me to delete a picture I had posted years ago in a trip report here. I do think it would be malicious of me to delete all the regression tests/data I've created at work if I left in an unpleasant situation. In most cases, as has been shown, there are usually backups or version control anyway.

If you don't want to be involved with or inadvertently create more drama don't post and stop reading that thread. Just walk away. It's hard, especially when some folk post in an infuriating way. Josh did that to me with his No. The information that was deleted/edited was put there by Christine, which is why her name is on the posts, whether you semantically consider the content 'created' or not.

Josh created more drama. I would feel horrible if folk thought I was lying. I can understand not wanting those folk around me. I still don't believe anyone suggested anything like that before Josh himself surprised me with his post, and it did surprise me seeming to come out of the blue with such a forceful tone. I now understand that just the topic and reference to the 'discussion' brought those unpleasant feelings right back up to the front for him even if that wasn't the intent of folk posting on this thread.

When he chose to post later he reminded us that he has direct access via the database to all the data - posts, pictures, unencrypted private messages. This can be a good thing if one wants to restore data.

There really is a difference between folk saying they miss Christine, Brenda, and Pam and their expertise on one hand and folk accusing Josh of being a liar on the other.

Josh is obviously sensitive about the subject. Perhaps in the future if someone asks where they've gone I'll just send them a PM to the link and a private warning to look at this thread. It's going to be new to some folk for a while - there are those who just logged on for touring plan help before trips. And some that just hadn't known yet but post or read regularly - I was surprised it was new to DoctorK.

I don't believe anyone posting on the forums is inherently evil although we obviously disagree about some things. It can be hard as this thread showed to realize when your posts are creating an unwelcome atmosphere. I would like to believe that's not the intention of anyone. I have not meant to do that and if I have, I ask you accept my apology. I try to stick more with facts which is safer footing.

A final reminder that because this is a written medium and not direct face to face contact, that there can be misinterpretations of intent, tone, etc. That's just a limitation of a forum board. It helps to think that most folk mean well or are so focused on one thing that they forget they might be causing some collateral unhappiness damage.

MrFredricksen

A lot of material here for very little substance. I will say this, Josh is great. He has a lot of valuable information. He doesn't sensor people either. He does this because he loves doing it and gets nothing out of it. After being on TGM for many years I was majorly impressed with Josh when he actually responded to a post/question. Mike never did anything like that and Josh does it regularly.

People have the right to their opinion on any and every issue. If you don't like what certain people say, you don't have to read their posts. There is no need to hash things out like this over and over and over again. I learn something new from this site everyday from everyone who posts. Even newbies with their first posts teach me something (you can learn a lot from a question, they make you think)

Keep up the good work Josh and everyone who contributes to help my trips (and the trips of others) be the best vacations they can be.

drischar

an enigma wrapped in bacon, deepfried and drizzled
If you don't want to be involved with or inadvertently create more drama don't post and stop reading that thread. Just walk away.

Perhaps in the future if someone asks where they've gone I'll just send them a PM to the link and a private warning to look at this thread.

I don't believe anyone posting on the forums is inherently evil although we obviously disagree about some things. It can be hard as this thread showed to realize when your posts are creating an unwelcome atmosphere. I would like to believe that's not the intention of anyone. I have not meant to do that and if I have, I ask you accept my apology. I try to stick more with facts which is safer footing.

A final reminder that because this is a written medium and not direct face to face contact, that there can be misinterpretations of intent, tone, etc. That's just a limitation of a forum board. It helps to think that most folk mean well or are so focused on one thing that they forget they might be causing some collateral unhappiness damage.
~bolding is mine

How about a simple, 'She no longer actively participates in the forums, but can be contacted via facebook, email, website, etc, listed in her signature or profile'.

neffernie

It's just like your favourite book-series (Harry potter -ahum-). You'll be sad when secondary characters die (Sirius Black, Hedwig, Dobby) but the story goes on as long the main character lives. And you keep reading. Secondary characters make books more fun but in most cases they're not the real reason you're reading.

The DIS-boards could be Voldemort and his Death Eaters here... But that's just a suggestion ;-)
Dobby dies!?! :RpS_scared::RpS_crying::RpS_crying:

Sorry.....I couldn't resist.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, why not, I'll post before the thread is closed. I'm not a great writer, being a software person.

Steve, as you pointed out, this is a Disney forum and not a project of defense database that we've been employed to work on. We're talking about someone editing/deleting information from their own (created) posts, not anyone elses. I can understand the feeling prompted by the bad situation which would result in such an action to remove that information.

I don't think it would be malicious of me to delete a picture I had posted years ago in a trip report here. I do think it would be malicious of me to delete all the regression tests/data I've created at work if I left in an unpleasant situation. In most cases, as has been shown, there are usually backups or version control anyway.

If you don't want to be involved with or inadvertently create more drama don't post and stop reading that thread. Just walk away. It's hard, especially when some folk post in an infuriating way. Josh did that to me with his No. The information that was deleted/edited was put there by Christine, which is why her name is on the posts, whether you semantically consider the content 'created' or not.

Josh created more drama. I would feel horrible if folk thought I was lying. I can understand not wanting those folk around me. I still don't believe anyone suggested anything like that before Josh himself surprised me with his post, and it did surprise me seeming to come out of the blue with such a forceful tone. I now understand that just the topic and reference to the 'discussion' brought those unpleasant feelings right back up to the front for him even if that wasn't the intent of folk posting on this thread.

When he chose to post later he reminded us that he has direct access via the database to all the data - posts, pictures, unencrypted private messages. This can be a good thing if one wants to restore data.

There really is a difference between folk saying they miss Christine, Brenda, and Pam and their expertise on one hand and folk accusing Josh of being a liar on the other.

Josh is obviously sensitive about the subject. Perhaps in the future if someone asks where they've gone I'll just send them a PM to the link and a private warning to look at this thread. It's going to be new to some folk for a while - there are those who just logged on for touring plan help before trips. And some that just hadn't known yet but post or read regularly - I was surprised it was new to DoctorK.

While this is far too long and uses "folk" at least 12 too many times, you have finely worn me down and I have "created" my own acronym list for use on this forum: http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showthread.php?20587-6-Sticky-Help!-What-language-are-you-speaking-(Acronyms-for-All)

Hopefully this settles it.

Cinderelly

Keep up the good work Josh and everyone who contributes to help my trips (and the trips of others) be the best vacations they can be.
I really have nothing to add as another that borders on infrequent poster/lurker and I don't wish to fan any drama. But I wholeheartedly agree with this statement.

Kimann

I really have nothing to add as another that borders on infrequent poster/lurker and I don't wish to fan any drama. But I wholeheartedly agree with this statement.
Same here, but WOW that was a fun ride! :RpS_wink:

Just thought I would say, love Josh, love the site, love the book. The calendars have helped me personally plan many successful trips and I have recommended this info to others that have done the same. Forums good for auxillary info but the calendars and main site are the meat!

JulieC

LOL @ Marianna's meme! FWIW, I've participated on a lot of message boards over a lot of years, even before these boards were accessed with a "web browser". This happens. A lot. I can't think of a board I've used that it hasn't happened on. I've followed the drama from afar, all in all, this was a pretty tame parting.

This is a pretty great site, excellent work Josh!