Windsor Hills Townhouse

ngoldy

Okay, well, I'll share my $.02 about where we stayed last year - a townhouse at Windsor Hills called "Memories"...http://www.letsgoseemickey.com/

There are 5 of us, the youngest of was 13 at the time, and our experience there was wonderful!
3 bdrms, 3 baths, WASHER & DRYER, full kitchen, small pool out back, free wi-fi - this place was heaven after living like sardines the past several vacations in hotel rooms.
Owners were great.
We were so close to the parks that we actually made better time than past trips from POR, except for MK.

This year we plan on returning to Windsor Hills, but are trying another townhouse, only because the price was a little less, and we have no business at all returning to WDW this summer (financially!):RpS_wink:
This year we will try Vacation Central Florida - hope it is as nice, or close, to "Memories".

Hope this helps someone!

- Nancy

4mickeyfreax

the bank says yes
Thanks Nancy! We're toying the idea of offsite for our next trip, and this info helps.

:)

Last edited:

joy4tigger

Certified Disney Addict. No Really, She Has The P
Thanks for the review! I've stayed at Windsor Hills 4 different times and each time with a different owner LOL. But each time was in a 3 bedroom/3 bath townhome with its own splash pool. I really enjoy Windsor Hills.

Brandie

Will work for Dole Whips.
How many people fit in those 3BR town homes? We're traveling with a family of 8 in the future and this seems like it might be a better solution than fitting into a couple of standard studios.

ngoldy

Brandie,

I believe 8 can technically stay, but that would be utilizing a sofa bed for two, so things might be a little more squooshed (why is that getting a misspell red squiggly underline? - that should be a word!)

That being said, one lucky couple would share a king bed, another two could share the queen, and then there are two twins in one bedroom.

And, oh my, would you ever save money over renting 2 Disney studios...

The "Memories" townhouse was over 1500 sq. ft., I think...and does Disney even DO king beds? Anywhere? I loved it!!!!!!!!!

Brandie

There are kings in the 1BR DVC units. (And the THVs.)

Thanks for the occupancy info. I'm sure off site in a town home will be very attractive to them. I'm wondering if they'll want us to be off site with them?

mousehelper

will grab your arm
Gee -- I thought I posted here...??
What I thought I said was that I wouldn't worry too much about trying to fit folks in a smaller place --- just go bigger! The price isn't that different. You can get a 4-5 bedroom/bath spot with a private pool, spa and game room for between 100 - 150 a night. No need for anyone to sleep on a sleeper in the living room.
:RpS_rolleyes:

Brandie

I had to come back and report that the master bedroom in the THV did not have a king size bed. A queen maybe? It was comfortable enough (especially after four nights on the Murphy bed in the cabin.)

And . . . Judy . . . tell me more! Can you point me in the direction of a 4-5 bedroom?

mousehelper

will grab your arm
We rent via VRBO. You can do Windsorhillrents if you just want to look there, but I don't care about the resort amenities, so I don't like to pay higher rents to get them. THe Vrbo map is helpful. Look in the area that has Indian Creek, and the one that has Windsor Hills. I think they might be in 2 separate zones on the map. Then, just put in 4-5 bedrooms, and see what comes up.
We stay at the same 4 bedroom at Indian Creek. I have a friend who owns a 5 bedroom there, and rents it out when they aren't there. South brier, it's called. I'm sorry-- I don't know the name of the 4 bedroom that we rent. And the one we rent at WH is called the Oasis.
I'm gonna email Emily and see if I can get the VRBO listing number for our Indian Creek house.
Here is a link:
http://bit.ly/i9lry9
:RpS_smile:

Last edited:

Brandie

$150 a night over Christmas for a 4 BR home with it's own pool??? I've got a few friends that I need to share this with. Thanks, Judy!

mousehelper

will grab your arm
Drop my name, Brandie. Might get me even cheaper rates someday! :RpS_w00t:

Oh and never mind the pool.... It's got its own hot tub!! Yeah baby!