Words

geek1997

One of mine is 'it's a mute point'. It's 'moot'! I don't think a point has the ability to be mute.

I do think the mutation of the word 'sandwich' is fun to follow. In my family, it's not even being passed down consistently. I will say 'sammich' more often than not, but my daughter says 'sangwich'... and my grandkids, all 3 my daughters kids, say 'sandwich' properly. It's really interesting.
I say sammich because that’s my brothers’ names squished together.

My college roommate and I felt the need to pronounce silent consonants at the end of words (‘comb’) and then extended it to ither words (‘homb’)

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Here's a headline I just read:

Disney Shopping Centers Re-Open, But What About Disney World?

George

New normal
Yuck. Some things about the "old normal" so great either.

And what about "First Responders?" I never heard that term before the 9/11 attacks. What about those who responded a bit later?

Disneyfan

George, you seem to be the expert. Maybe you, or another expert, can help me.

Are any of these examples using "regard" correct?
1. I am very irritated in regards to the ADR situation.
2. I am very irritated in regard to the ADR situation.
3. I am very irritated regarding the ADR situation.

George, you seem to be the expert. Maybe you, or another expert, can help me.

Are any of these examples using "regard" correct?
1. I am very irritated in regards to the ADR situation.
2. I am very irritated in regard to the ADR situation.
3. I am very irritated regarding the ADR situation.
"In regard to" is correct, but "regarding" is both correct and better. You avoid the confusion of regard/regards (because no matter which you use, someone will judge you, even if they're wrong) and it is more direct. It's a rare situation when "in regard to" cannot be replaced with "regarding," "concerning," or even just "about."

George

"In regard to" is correct, but "regarding" is both correct and better. You avoid the confusion of regard/regards (because no matter which you use, someone will judge you, even if they're wrong) and it is more direct. It's a rare situation when "in regard to" cannot be replaced with "regarding," "concerning," or even just "about."
I agree with #3 and that I am The Expert. :RpS_tongue:

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
Yes!!

"In regards to..." makes me cringe.

Disneyfan

I agree with #3 and that I am The Expert. :RpS_tongue:
George, you have kept me on my toes for quite a while - maybe even years. Some time ago, I was asking or writing about 'Ohana. You complimented me because I had typed 'Ohana correctly. Ever since then, I have tried to be careful because I know that you are watching. ;)

BTW
Thank you for your humor! There have been times that I needed a laugh. You didn't even know, but you made some of my days brighter.