Worst Ride/Attraction at WDW

roamma

Carousel of Progress!!
No you di'int!
I knew that one would spark gasps & some outrage. It's like saying you've never seen "Miracle on 34th St" or "It's a Wonderful Life" when people are going on and on about them at Christmas. (For the record: I haven't seen them and don't plan to. The reaction I get from people is worth it.) LOL

MichaelColey

Sounds Dangerous... definitely.

Swiss Family Treehouse... never been on it, never plan to.

Stitch... not as bad as people make it out to be (I think it's cool that there's a whole alien alphabet designed for it), but certainly not a favorite.

Lights, Motors, Action... Love the show, but I totally agree about the heat, the sun, and the lack of seat backs. With shade and seat backs (and maybe a bit less of a walk), it would be FAR better.

Micah008

Staff member
My vote is Astro Orbiter.

I had never done it until last week, but with Dumbo grounded we tried it. I was not impressed. I actually felt like my son wasn't safe for a little with the speed and angle of it. I will stick to the Magic Carpets of Aladdin next time, which he liked much better anyway. The good news was we did it early in the morning, so at least we didn't wait in a long line before being disappointed.

kate81

Love Astro-Orbiter!! LOVE Treehouse (My sister in law said that for the first couple of years they lived in Orlando, my brother would say, "That's my sister's favorite ride" every single time they walked by it.) DH loves stitch and WILL NOT let us skip it. It's in his top three. Ick.

I'd have to go with Country Bears for my least favorite. Although another I have no desire to ride on is the Riverboat. It's just a boat right?

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I'm just sad that I don't "get" Soarin'. You just sit there and watch a video.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly the first time I rode it I thought it was a coincidence. Does that just show how dense I am?

bowbat

I'd probably like the Treehouse better if there was a wine bar or shoe store at the top. Or, you know, a meet & greet with David Beckham. Something worth the climb.

selena1075

My least fav is PoC...mostly because I have a major fear of mannequins, realistic statues, and most certainly "people" animatronics. I didn't even attempt HoP. So, that isn't really a fair vote I suppose since it is really more about my issues than issues with the ride.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I find the Treehouse to be pretty innocuous. You just walk around and the view from the top is decent. No wait. I'm not saying bulldoze it, but I would walk up and down that thing for 37 minutes long before I would sit through Lights, Motors in July!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Does a fear of realistic statues come into play on a daily basis or is it really only a theme park thing?

selena1075

Only on days that include mannequins. A department store job is out of the question for me.

My DH took my middle daughter to the mall one day a few weeks ago and she insisted on taking a pic of a mannequin and texting it to me to "freak me out". Nice huh?

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Can you ban her from your life? That's usually what I do on the forum when someone does something I don't like.

off2neverland

Peanut butter is yummy.
Selena! You do know they are not real, right?

We used to tell my baby brother #4 that they were real stuffed dead people and made him cry. He was not quite 5.
That was at Disneyland's Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln way back when. I laugh about that every single time I see HoP or American Adventure now.
Sort of like I laugh on Speedway remembering when my other little brother #1 bumped the car in front of him causing a lady's wig to fly off, which little brother #2 promptly ran over.

My baby sister #5 was terrified of Pirates- she swore they were real. They even have real hair on their legs.

And yes I tell those same stories to DD every single time we go to Disney. Which is probably why I still agree to ride stuff like Speedway.

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
We went to Old Navy a few days ago - they've got a whole creep family (including creepy dog) of mannequins when you walk through the door - I mean, they're freakish - all staring right at you with these weird, toothy soul-less smiles. Eesh. Told my husband they'd probably be in my nightmares.

lisapennie

does judge
I knew that one would spark gasps & some outrage. It's like saying you've never seen "Miracle on 34th St" or "It's a Wonderful Life" when people are going on and on about them at Christmas. (For the record: I haven't seen them and don't plan to. The reaction I get from people is worth it.) LOL
I hate It's a Wonderful Life. Jimmy Stewart annoys the crap out of me. That probably makes me un-American or a horrible person or something, but I'm okay with it.

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
As for you Tiki Room haters, well, that's just plain wrong.
Totally agree.....well at least now that they have the "original" one back again!!!

My least fav is PoC...mostly because I have a major fear of mannequins, realistic statues, and most certainly "people" animatronics. I didn't even attempt HoP. So, that isn't really a fair vote I suppose since it is really more about my issues than issues with the ride.
In this case.........don't EVER go to the wax museum of presidents in Gettysburg!! It seriously looked like those things were staring at me and their eyes would follow me no matter where I went. I was so creeped out.....and I don't creep out easily!!!

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
Stitch is definitely at the top of my family's list. DD14 has a total autistic meltdown if we try to get her in there. It's the absolute worst place in all of WDW for kids with sensory issues.

One attraction I haven't seen mentioned is the Lion King movie on the second floor in the Land. It reminds me of a movie I would have been forced to sit through in school as a kid. It's way too preachy for my taste and annoys me. Saw it once, never again.

Josh, please don't ban me for this, but IMO CoP is only good for a nap. OK, it's also a great sensory break for my 14yo but every time I sit through that ride, even if I do manage to catch a quick nap I still get that stupid song stuck in my head. Oh no..... it's happening.... CURSE YOU COP!!