Worst Ride/Attraction at WDW

LoriH91

Totally agree on the Lion King thing! I took our 4yo in there while the rest of the family did Soarin' (he went once & wouldn't do it again). I felt like they were yelling at me for being a human!! Good to know about Stitch & the sensory issues. We haven't been, but our DD11 has some sensory issues & random weird fears. I'm actually a bit shocked that she's NOT scared of mannequins!!

Stitch is definitely at the top of my family's list. DD14 has a total autistic meltdown if we try to get her in there. It's the absolute worst place in all of WDW for kids with sensory issues.

One attraction I haven't seen mentioned is the Lion King movie on the second floor in the Land. It reminds me of a movie I would have been forced to sit through in school as a kid. It's way too preachy for my taste and annoys me. Saw it once, never again.

Josh, please don't ban me for this, but IMO CoP is only good for a nap. OK, it's also a great sensory break for my 14yo but every time I sit through that ride, even if I do manage to catch a quick nap I still get that stupid song stuck in my head. Oh no..... it's happening.... CURSE YOU COP!!

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
I never went on the Tiki Room "under new management"... what was that like?
Bad. Really bad. New Coke bad. Netflix new pricing structure bad.

Some things are better left buried. This is one of them.

TXPyroMom

Stich... hands down.

We were in the World last week and DH and I 'rode' it. I knew what to expect, but had never been on it. DH was supremely dissappointed. Two days later, my parents (they were on the trip with us) did the Stich ride having no idea what they were getting into, and they complained about how pointless and boring it was too. DD5 didn't go on it.

beachta1

Does anyone know why they got ride of Alien? Because it was too scary? They wanted something more updated?

Janine

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i l
We went to Old Navy a few days ago - they've got a whole creep family (including creepy dog) of mannequins when you walk through the door - I mean, they're freakish - all staring right at you with these weird, toothy soul-less smiles. Eesh. Told my husband they'd probably be in my nightmares.
My daughter loves that family. She gets up there and interacts with them every time we go to Old Navy. She even makes me take pictures of her with them.

Cinderelly

I hold one other unpopular opinion.

I think Soarin' is a joke.

You sit there in a seat with other people's feet dangling in your face and watch a video while the upright seats you're sitting in move a little bit.

I have to confess that I don't understand the frenzy over Soarin'. I ran with the bulls one time and thought "I almost broke my neck on the stairs for this?" I thought maybe I just had higher expectations and tried it on my next trip. While it's fine and all, it's just not a "must see" for us. I keep thinking I must be missing something.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
So wait.... Tiki Room isn't under new management anymore?
The Gods intervened and lit the place on fire, so the Room was shut down and the original show brought back.

The "new" show was bad. Really bad. Newt Gingrich-granted-an-open-marriage bad.

MaddiesMom

no longer forgets her undies
I'm about to be horribly unpopular. Ready?

I don't like TSMM.

There, I said it.

I don't get the fascination. It's a video game with a ridiculous crowded overstimulating wait. I have a 61" DLP at home in my theater room, and I don't have screaming kids and cheering teenagers to endure if I want to geek out to my xbox.

Please forgive me.

nolarookie

I don't get the fascination. It's a video game with a ridiculous crowded overstimulating wait. I have a 61" DLP at home in my theater room, and I don't have screaming kids and cheering teenagers to endure if I want to geek out to my xbox.
I don't get it either. I mean it's an ok ride, but to be out of fastpasses by noon?

beachta1

I think the fascination is because there isn't anything really like it at WDW. When we went to visit, we were sort of like "what is all of the hype about?" and couldn't believe how insane it was at RD to get FPs. Once we were on the ride we were laughing and smiling the whole time. We understood why people loved it but there is no way I'd wait over an hour for it. Honestly, there are probably no rides a WDW I'd wait over an hour for!

evansmom

I knew that one would spark gasps & some outrage. It's like saying you've never seen "Miracle on 34th St" or "It's a Wonderful Life" when people are going on and on about them at Christmas. (For the record: I haven't seen them and don't plan to. The reaction I get from people is worth it.) LOL
i've never done C of P.

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
I really think the hype is just that there are so few rides that the whole family can ride together at DHS.

This thread should be renamed to "Confessions."
Now THAT could become an interesting thread. I'm just imagining all sorts of naughty stories people would tell. Hee hee hee..... Not that I've done anything unladylike in a public place at WDW; oh no, not me.

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
The Gods intervened and lit the place on fire, so the Room was shut down and the original show brought back.

The "new" show was bad. Really bad. Newt Gingrich-granted-an-open-marriage bad.
Hahahaha!!! I have to quit drinking coffee before I read this thread, nearly spit it at the computer when I read your analogy, George! And I can't wait to see the new/old Tiki room, I hated the "under new management" crap.