Worst Ride/Attraction at WDW

beachta1

Gilbert Godfrey is gone. Although the rest of the day I was singing "tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room." Couldn't get the song out of my head!!

Mike

I don't know why such the hate for Stitch's Escape (or whatever it's full name is), I read about all the hatred toward that ride going to WDW for the first time, I went on it and thought it was really undeserved hatred, it wasn't a half bad attraction/ride.

Ellen's Energy whatchamacallit is horrible though, it's way too long for what you get out of it.
Great Movie Ride also fits a bit in this category, not as bad as Ellen, but it really feels dated for what it is.
The ride with "Figment" or whatever that was in Epcot... *sigh*

(Dis)Honorable mentions
Carousel of Progress - Normally I love these types of rides/attractions, but my wife and I got stuck in the last room for close to 20 minutes while the show kept repeating over and over again... ugh!!!! (I want to kick all those people opening the doors squarely in the crotch).
Soarin' - I've done it, I get it's neat, but the length of the queue for that compared to what you get seems way out of whack, TSMM would be here too if it wasn't for the fact that it's actually interactive.
Buzz Lightyear - Lets face it the guns suck, go to Disneyland if you want to ride a good version of it with guns you can pick up and actually aim! Otherwise I like the concept :)

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
I know that there's a lot of universally accepted hate towards Ellen, but we actually like it. We don't do it every single trip because it is long, but we like it on a hot day as a nice place to relax and cool off. We need sensory breaks mixed into our schedule and this fits the bill. It's cheesy, it's long, it breaks down as often as not, but we still enjoy it ever couple of trips.

I also think we're about the only people who like Figment. It's silly, it's light, it's sensory stimulating without being OVER stimulating since it focusses on one sense at a time and again, it's silly. Silly is good. MK has a lot of little kid silly rides; EP only has this and Nemo which I can take or leave. We like Figment. We also like to take some time after riding to play in the activity area at the end of the ride. For us, it's part of Figment.

bowbat

I also think we're about the only people who like Figment. It's silly, it's light, it's sensory stimulating without being OVER stimulating since it focusses on one sense at a time and again, it's silly. Silly is good. MK has a lot of little kid silly rides; EP only has this and Nemo which I can take or leave. We like Figment. We also like to take some time after riding to play in the activity area at the end of the ride. For us, it's part of Figment.
My son likes the Figment ride. I have too much nostalgia for the old ride & activity area to find love in my heart for what they are now, though.

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
My son likes the Figment ride. I have too much nostalgia for the old ride & activity area to find love in my heart for what they are now, though.
I never saw the old one so only have this one and I like it too. We even got stuck on it for over 20 minutes once with my DMIL and DDad and that is to this day one of my very favorite WDW memories.....even more so now.

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
I never saw the old one so only have this one and I like it too. We even got stuck on it for over 20 minutes once with my DMIL and DDad and that is to this day one of my very favorite WDW memories.....even more so now.
I also never experienced the old so that probably is how I'm able to enjoy it as much as I do.

I'm just picturing getting stuck in there though. Hopefully it was in maybe the vision area and not the scent lab. :painkiller: I admit it; I hold my breath when it's coming.

TheDoctor

Space Mountain hands down. My wife and I happily skipped this punch in the nose of a ride during our trip this last week. There are plenty of attractions we skip simply because we don't feel like doing them but we actively avoid Space Mountain.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Space Mountain hands down. My wife and I happily skipped this punch in the nose of a ride during our trip this last week. There are plenty of attractions we skip simply because we don't feel like doing them but we actively avoid Space Mountain.
What's with Space Mountain anyway? When I was a kid, I couldn't get enough of it. It seems to have gotten rougher and rougher; or am I just getting older and older? Or both?

I don't shed any tears if SM is closed while I'm there or if I skip it. My taste for thrills hasn't diminished; just my taste for SM.

TheDoctor

I'd say it's because we're getting older. I can still do the Matterhorn at Disneyland which is similar dynamically but isn't as hard on the body. My wife thinks it's because we're spoiled from Disneyland's Space Mountain but I think it's just because the Disney World version is extremely rough. If you don't know any better it's not that bad.

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
I also never experienced the old so that probably is how I'm able to enjoy it as much as I do.

I'm just picturing getting stuck in there though. Hopefully it was in maybe the vision area and not the scent lab. :painkiller: I admit it; I hold my breath when it's coming.
We weren't stopped in one spot the whole time. We'd move for about 5 seconds then get stopped for 4 minutes, move 5 seconds then stopped for 5 minutes, and so on. Luckily.....we when we stopped in the smell area, it was just before the "spray" and the whole ride stopped so it wasn't like we just got sprayed time after time.

lisapennie

does judge
What's with Space Mountain anyway? When I was a kid, I couldn't get enough of it. It seems to have gotten rougher and rougher; or am I just getting older and older? Or both?

I don't shed any tears if SM is closed while I'm there or if I skip it. My taste for thrills hasn't diminished; just my taste for SM.
We all hated SM at WDW, but all loved the one at DLR, so I really think it is that the one at WDW just kinda sucks.

mill4023

I love Soarin. I've never been on anything before that really gave me that feeling of flying.
But being in the front/top row definitely makes it better.

Worst attraction, by far, is Country Bear Jamboree.
I really don't know how any one can call it "cute".
My whole family walked out wondering what the h#$% we just watched.
We all thought it was extremely creepy and we will definitely not do it again.

goodferry

I do not love SM like I did when I was younger for sure, but my kids can not get enough of it. I remembered HATING Stitch, which we haven't been on in years. But this trip DD (8) begged to go on because she never had been and it wasn't that bad. Country Bear Jamboree might be the worst, it is really creepy

MichaelColey

I liked Space Mountain at Disneyland (and Disneyland Paris even more!) better than the one at WDW. It's just so jerky.

Rowan

The only attraction I just dont like is LMA. It may have been the fact that it was 235 degrees that day, but sitting smack dab in the sun at 3:30, with exhaust fumes, fire and loud noises gave me the worst migrane of my life. Ill never ever do it again, I told the family they can if they want, I happy to sit on the streets of america in the shade and people watch while they go but Ill never go again. There are other "take it or leave it attractions", Backot Tour comes to mind and Ive never seen the Michael Jackson show at Epcot (cant think of the name) and there are a number of things I could skip if we are short on time, but for the most part, we enjoy them all, even Stitch, Country Bears, Figment, Speedway, they arent worth waiting in line for but Id gladly do them over lounging by the pool so we use our afternoons for slow paced filler type attractions like these.
As for SM, its one of my favorites, I laugh like a kid the whole time it jerks me around.

lisapennie

does judge
Worst attraction, by far, is Country Bear Jamboree.
I really don't know how any one can call it "cute".
My whole family walked out wondering what the h#$% we just watched.
We all thought it was extremely creepy and we will definitely not do it again.
Oh, it's uber creepy. And perplexingly twisted. If it could have just gone two steps further in that direction, I think it would be almost entertaining - but instead, it just made everyone in our party confused.