Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Yay or Nay?

tlh119

And I paid $118/night, including tax. No resort or parking fees.
How far out did you book that? I am looking at the week-end before Thanksgiving for this year and the lowest price I can find is about $171 (before taxes and non-refundable). Should I wait for better deals to come along?

bnoble

he's right
Could be a weekend vs. weekday thing. The points are higher on the weekends. But, I would not put off booking WBC these days. Short-term availability is not what it used to be at this resort, and several of the points managers/mega-renters have been targeting this resort for revenue.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
How far out did you book that? I am looking at the week-end before Thanksgiving for this year and the lowest price I can find is about $171 (before taxes and non-refundable). Should I wait for better deals to come along?
That's a pretty busy time. I'd call a couple different booking agencies and see what they quote and what their cancellation policies are.

bnoble

he's right
That's a good point; that weekend leading into Thanksgiving is in high demand by people staying the full Thanksgiving week. The points managers may well be charging a premium for that period---they don't have to match the point chart structure if demand justifies higher prices.

chloe

We have the week of Thanksgiving reserved. I looked back through my emails and found that we were able to finalize the reservation on January 24th. I had been on a wait list until reservations opened, so that makes me think the earliest that you can reserve is about 10 months out. I think I remember them saying that reservations weren't open yet when I called before Christmas. We booked a 1 bdrm Deluxe through Vacation Strategy and are paying less than $150 a night. I think that's a great rate for the week of Thanksgiving. Plus, I really like Vacation Strategy. They have always been super easy to work with and very professional. I do find it easier to just call them than to do the online request form. I believe that they are just a small company, maybe even Orlando based because the rep knew where the Windsor Hills neighborhood was located. I called a few weeks ago to reserve our June trip and the rep recognized my name. He even lowered the price for me from the original quote. Gotta love that! We have used them for other Wyndham properties too and never had a problem.

mack

I've always stayed on site, but am starting to consider off site stay (I'm pretty sure we need 2 bedroom villa type places going forward.. and the WDW prices for these are ridiculous). My two main concerns is transportation to parks (we always do the buses from on site), and food.

For transportation, folks usually drive or just do Uber? If driving.. parking at resorts ever a problem?

For food, what options are there at Bonnet Creek? How about getting to Disney Springs.. a short walk or do you drive over?

bnoble

he's right
For transportation, folks usually drive or just do Uber? If driving.. parking at resorts ever a problem?
I drive, unless I'm planning a second BEvERage with dinner, in which case I take Uber. I have never had an issue parking at the resorts, but I am also only going there to eat, not to park and go elsewhere. Not sure what you were thinking about here.

Bonnet has a couple of decent CS-style places, and the main hotel (not part of the timeshare but part of the overall complex) has some nice restaurants. The pool bar prices are a couple bucks cheaper per drink than Disney, which is nice. There is no easy way to walk to anything not in the Bonnet complex---the sidewalk ends before you get to Buena Vista Blvd. But the Bonnet complex includes some interesting places---the timeshare, the Wyndham hotel, and across the (relatively quiet) street Hilton has two hotels, the Hilton Bonnet Creek and the Waldorf=Astoria. I've gone running over there, but haven't eaten in either of the Hilton properties. In general they get good reviews. For Disney Springs, I would probably Uber (thanks to the BEvERage rule).

JoyW

Hey! I realize this is an old thread, but am hoping that some of the original posters can still hop on to help. I have never stayed offsite, but my family of 5 needs a cheaper way to do Disney! This year the package quote for 2 rooms at Pop with Stay Play Dine for Value Season was nearly $5000. I have been looking at Windsor Hills and WBC and have gotten lots of great quotes for WH, but the price I got from Vacation Strategy for WBC is over $200 a night, while it looks like rates are way lower for everyone else on the thread. I also looked at Vacation Upgrades and their pricing list indicates that the first week in February is "high season" with higher rates. I am so confused- Dave Shute's 2018 week chart says the crowd ranking and price ranking for that week is "lowest". (The first full week in February). What am I missing here? How do I get these amazing rates everyone else is talking about? Thanks! Joy

bnoble

he's right
Those super-low rates are no longer available now that Wyndham has changed the way it handles discounted inventory for high-point owners. If price is your #1 concern, you are probably going to get a better deal at Windsor Hills. However, personally I'd pay a little more for Bonnet.

As for February: Bonnet isn't (only) a Disney-centric resort. It's a pretty popular place with Wyndham owners, even if they have little or no interest in the theme parks. And, February is a great time for those of us who live in the frozen tundra to escape to Florida for a week or so.