Yachtsman Steakhouse, 4/29/13

websteroni

For the first night of my vacation I had a reservation for Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club. It's been at least 8 years since I've been here but remembered that I enjoyed it way back when.

Yachtsman_Sign by webster63, on Flickr

I love having a martini to start my meal and I love it even more when the olives are stuffed with blue cheese. Yachtsman has a Double Cross Truffle Martini that has olives that are stuffed with truffled blue cheese. Oh so yummy!

Yachtsman_Truffle Olive Martini by webster63, on Flickr

It probably seems strange to select a steakhouse and not order steak, but that's exactly what I did. I ordered two appetizers and one side for my meal. I started with their caesar salad:

Yachtsman_Caesar Salad by webster63, on Flickr

This was a rather large salad with a whole stalk of romaine lettuce split down the center and layered on top of coppa secco ham with thin strips of parmegiano reggiano across the top. The dressing was lightly applied so the salad wasn't swimming in dressing. The coppa secco ham added a nice bit of variety and saltiness. Enjoyable!

The next appetizer was the day boat scallops. These were delivered along with the truffle macaroni and cheese:

Yachtsman_Day Boat Scallops by webster63, on Flickr

Yachtsman_Truffle Mac & Cheese by webster63, on Flickr

I loved these scallops! These were a little bite of heaven! Perfectly cooked with a sear on the outside but tender on the inside. The truffle mac & cheese was also good but so rich! I think you would have to go with a bit appetite or share this in order to finish it all!

This was a perfect way to start my week of Disney dining. On a side note, I also tried the pull-apart rolls with roasted garlic that so many people really like. I liked the roasted garlic but the rolls didn't wow me.

Christie

We ate at Yachtsman on 5/4 and it was great. The Truffle Mac & Cheese was one of the best things I've ever eaten, though you're right, it was super rich. Do you mind if I post my food photos here, too?

websteroni

Josh, I think the scallops from YS were probably my favorite all week.

Christie, I don't mind at all. It's always good to see other offerings that people have tried!

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
I'm enjoying your food reviews very much! I know I'll never have a chance to eat at most of these places (married to the world's pickiest vegetarian who hates to spend lots of money on food), so reviews are the closest I'll get to dining there.

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
It's okay, I get to experience plenty of other awesome things, so I don't miss the fine dining as much as I could. Still, it doesn't stop me from drooling at some of your descriptions and pictures!

marlaine

We ate there on our last trip. Yachtsman's is my absolute favorite! Wonderful memories too. We all got dressed up and enjoyed the whole experience! Cannot recommend the place enough! :)

Christie

OK here are the things we had.

12-oz "Prime" New York Strip Steak - gruyere potato gratin and peppercorn brandy sauce

Truffle Mac & Cheese - Orecchiette Pasta and Reypenaer Cheese

Creamed Spinach - with Parmesan and Gruyere

Mickey Puzzle from the Kid's Dessert Menu

Christie

Very, very good. It really reminded me (for some reason that I don't really understand) of the mushroom risotto at Le Cellier. Very similar tastes. Delicious!