Zip Fest $10-$20 Cash Back Amazon, Walmart, Apple, Ebay, and more

George

The ratio of people to cake is too big.
Comments are saying it's cash back, not cash off. I don't know anything about Zip. I'd never heard of it before your post.
Headline says that too. The cash back is in the form of a credit to the original method of payment.

Zip is the new name for QuadPay, an online check-out option that enables you to split your total into four payments over six (?) weeks.

George

What is their business model? CC transaction fees, or interest/fees on late payments?
I haven't seen it, but I'd guess merchants pay them a referral fee, as you purchase items through a link in their app; you're paying Zip, Zip pays the merchant.

This promo is time-sensitive; purchases usually aren't eligible for the cash back.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
Headline says that too. The cash back is in the form of a credit to the original method of payment.

Zip is the new name for QuadPay, an online check-out option that enables you to split your total into four payments over six (?) weeks.

So maybe, just maybe, I can but $1K in WDW GC's to use for an AP and get 30% credit back to the credit car I attach to Zip?

George

So maybe, just maybe, I can but $1K in WDW GC's to use for an AP and get 30% credit back to the credit car I attach to Zip?
There's a limit of up to $40 per merchant. So you wouldn't get 30% back on $1,000. But you could do three separate transactions of $50 each. You'd get $40 back on a $150 spend.

George

I was just reading that. Grr.
If you're an Amazon shopper, you can also buy Amazon GCs and add them to your account.

These are the promos:

$15 Cashback on $50+ Amazon purchase
$25 Cashback on $100+ apple purchase
$15 Cashback on $50+ Walmart purchase
$20 Cashback on $100+ Nike purchase
$15 Cashback on $50+ eBay purchase
$10 Cashback on $75+ Sephora purchase
$20 Cashback on $100+ Home Depot

George

Then if she gets three people to sign up, each kicking a percentage of the savings back up stream. And each of them get three people to sign up.

Eventually, buying the annual passes will make you money.

George

I just placed one order on Walmart.com for a $50 Disney e-GC through Zip. Everything looks kosher so far, just waiting for the actual e-mail with the card number.

It’s a bit convoluted in the app to generate a Zip Visa card in the Zip app and then copy/paste it on the Walmart checkout page, but nothing I couldn’t handle. Maybe there’s an instructional video out there somewhere. :RpS_laugh:

ETA: And 14 minutes later, I have my e-GC.

ETA (again): Added to mydisneygiftcards.com. I have a physical card I’ll transfer the balance to.

Last edited:

George

I found the “catch!” There’s a $1 fee for each payment; guess I didn’t read that part well enough.

So the net return will be $11 on a $50 purchase, instead of $15, which is still 22%. Not bad.